PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Though temperatures will drop from close to 30 to the mid-20s going into the evening in Lahore, the match is still set for sunny conditions and absolutely no rain.
Pacemen have taken wickets on a fast Lahore pitch, but the Sri Lankan batsman has proved that – early on, at least – the bounce and fast outfield are conducive for some good batting scores too.
- Fakhar Zaman returned to bolster the batting line-up last time out, and Haris Sohail could be added this time after two failures by Umar Akmal so far.
- On the bowling front, Wahab Riaz started ahead of Faheem Ashraf. His performance was one of the better ones for Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s dip in the T20i form has continued in this series, with the batting falling well short in both games so far.
- Mohammad Hasnain took a hat-trick (across two overs) in the first game but it proved the only highlight of an otherwise disappointing home performance Pakistan bowled out for 101 chasing 166 to win.
- Last time out, they fared a little better bowled out for 147 – but it was again well short of the target of 183 to win in Lahore.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Babar Azam, Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Haris Sohail, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Wahab Riaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain
- Sri Lanka has been unchanged for both matches so far and may stick with their winning line-up for a third consecutive match after confounding expectations with their inexperienced side so far.
- Sri Lanka has won a T20 international series for the first time in five attempts. Despite lacking the majority of their senior players, they posted 165/5 led by Danushka Gunathilaka’s 57 from 38 balls in the first game, before Nuwan Pradeep and Isuru Udana took three wickets each to help bowl Pakistan out for 101.
- Then, Bhanuka Rajapaksa hit 77 from 48 balls in just his second T20 international before four more Pradeep wickets helped dismiss the hosts for 147 chasing 183 to win.
- Sri Lanka’s 35-run win sealed the series victory with a game to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Shehan Jayasuriya, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Minod Bhanuka (wk), Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR PAKISTAN VS SRI LANKA 3rd T20 MATCH IN SRI LANKA TOUR OF PAKISTAN 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Babar Azam
- Dasun Shanaka
- Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Isuru Udana
- Danushka Gunathilaka
- Wanidu Hasaranga
- Nuwan Pradeep (C)
- Asif Ali
- Imad Wasim
- Shadab Khan
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa (VC)
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*