PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the National Stadium is going to be a big concern considering the sheer amount of rain that has fallen in the last few days. The curator would not have got the needed time or sun to make this pitch into a flat batting track.
We think a slow surface that will take a spin and become more difficult to bat on as the match progresses is likely.
The weather forecast is much better, and we should be able to get a full game in without any trouble.
- Pakistan had a poor World Cup campaign and even though they came close to qualifying in the end, they did not have anyone to blame but themselves. Now, with a new coach and a new vice-captain, Pakistan is looking to rebuild its side in the shorter formats of the game.
- The batting line-up of Pakistan is going to be under scrutiny as they have lacked the intent and run-scoring abilities that some other teams have had in the past. Fakhar Zaman and Imam ul Haq are going to lead the batting with Babar Azam at number three.
- This is where the maximum strength of the batting side is. Babar Azam is a world-class batsman and his consistency is remarkable. He and Imam ul Haq are class batsmen that should succeed in familiar batting conditions.
- The bowling has some excellent spin bowling options with Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, and some genuine pace options with Shinwari, Mohammad Amir, and Wahab Riaz to choose from.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Iftikhar Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Usman Shinwari
- The absence of some leading Sri Lankan players gives the opportunity to the second rung of players to make an impact. Looking at the batting of the side, there are some big holes and players may struggle to immediately adapt to the conditions.
- Lahiru Thirimanne and Avishka Fernando are going to be the two batsmen that lead the batting. Thirimanne is the captain of the side and has a decent record to back him up. His tendency to get starts and then throw his wicket away has to be rectified in this series where he will need to bat deep.
- Avishka Fernando has depressed in the previous match with scoring no runs. We are very keen to see what he can do in conditions that should be much more familiar to him.
- As we mentioned earlier, there are a few good players surrounded by a number of promising but inexperienced players in this lineup.
- All bowlers have been a part of the international setup for Sri Lanka in the recent past and so we don’t think there is too much that the visitors will miss in this aspect of the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Oshada Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne (c), Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Minod Banuka (wk), Wanindu Hasaranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Isuru Udana, Lahiru Kumara
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR PAKISTAN VS SRI LANKA 3RD ODI MATCH IN SRI LANKA TOUR OF PAKISTAN 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If Pakistan Bats First||If Sri Lanka Bats First|
|S Ahmed||A Fernando|
|B Azam||D Gunathilaka|
|F Zaman||S jayasuriya|
|Imam Ul Haq||D Shanaka|
|I Ahmed||I Udana|
|S Khan||L Kumar|
|U Shinwari||S Khan|
|I Udana||U Shinwari|
|L Kumar||B Azam|
|S jayasuriya||F Zaman|
|D Gunathilaka||S Ahmed|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*