PITCH AND CONDITIONS
After Friday’s thunderstorms failed to clear in time to allow any play, the conditions for Monday are much better. It is set to be sunny all the way with temperatures in the 30s and a very low chance of rain on the forecast.
Karachi favored the batsmen during the Pakistan Super League – the last time the ground was used for major fixtures – and that could be the case again during this series.
- Pakistan has stuck with the bulk of their World Cup squad. Shaheen Afridi (illness) is the notable absentee and Hasan Ali is also injured. Abid Ali, Usman Shinwari and Iftikhar Ahmed are among the players recalled.
- one win in their first four games at the World Cup, Pakistan finished strongly with wins against South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. That lifted them to fifth in the group, but they were denied a semi-final place on net run rate.
- Imam-ul-Haq and Babar Azam signed off from the tournament in excellent batting form as they hit 100 and 96 respectively in the final group game against Bangladesh.
- Shaheen Afridi’s six-wicket haul in reply ensured the Tigers got nowhere near Pakistan’s 315/9.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Asif Ali, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Wahab Riaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Usman Shinwari
- Ten senior Sri Lankan players have withdrawn from the squad, with notable names including captain Dimuth Karunaratne, former captain Angelo Mathews and key men Dinesh Chandimal and Kusal Perera.
- It means Lahiru Thirimanne will captain the team, while wicket-keeping duties could be left for potential debutant Minod Banuka.
- Sri Lanka bounced back from a disappointing World Cup campaign, in which victory over hosts and eventual winners England was one of the few highlights of their sixth-placed finish, by beating Bangladesh 3-0.
- Lasith Malinga signed off from ODI cricket after starring in the first game, before Avishka Fernando hit 82 in the second game to seal the series victory for the hosts. Fernando is one of the few players from that series to now be touring Pakistan.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Angelo Perera, Lahiru Thirimanne (c), Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Minod Banuka (wk), Wanindu Hasaranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR PAKISTAN VS SRI LANKA 2nd ODI MATCH IN SRI LANKA TOUR OF PAKISTAN 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Babar Azam (C)
- Wanidu Hasaranga
- Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Mohammad Amir
- Imam-ul-Haq (VC)
- Shadab Khan
- Fakhar Zaman
- Wahab Riaz
- Lahiru Thirimanne
- Kasun Rajitha
- Avishka Fernando
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*