PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The last notable games played in Karachi were during the Pakistan Super League in March. On that occasion, the pitches suited the batsmen and there were some big scores as a result.
Scattered thunderstorms in Karachi could cause a delayed start to this game, but the weather is set to clear later in the evening and play should be possible even if the rain hits earlier on.
- Pakistan, led by Sarfaraz Ahmed, have selected a near full-strength squad for this series. Abid Ali is back, after being cut late from the World Cup squad, while Iftikhar Ahmed and Haris Sohail are also among the players recalled.
- Pakistan finished the World Cup with four straight wins, beating South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. Their brilliant turnaround in form came too late, however, as they missed out on a semi-final spot on net run rate paying for their poor start to the tournament.
- Their most recent ODI then, was their win against Bangladesh in the final game. Imam-ul-Haq scored a run-a-ball century and Babar Azam hit 96 in a total of 315/9.
- In Bangladesh’s reply, Shaheen Afridi then claimed 6-35 as Pakistan won by 94 runs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Pakistan
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Asif Ali, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Wahab Riaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Usman Shinwari
- Among the Sri Lankan players unwilling to tour Pakistan are star names such as Dimuth Karunaratne, Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal and Kusal Perera.
- Lasith Malinga has too, but he would only have played T20i cricket given his recent ODI retirement.
- A total of ten players withdrew in total, with Lahiru Thirimanne named as captain instead.
- Wicket-keeper-batsman Minod Banuka is set for a debut behind the stumps.
- After finishing sixth at the World Cup, Sri Lanka played Bangladesh in an ODI series since winning all three matches, as Lasith Malinga retired from 50-over cricket during that series.
- Their batsmen were in particularly good form, with Avishka Fernando who hit 82 in the seven-wicket win in the second game among the few to have elected to tour Pakistan too.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sri Lanka
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Angelo Perera, Lahiru Thirimanne (c), Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Minod Banuka (wk), Wanindu Hasaranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI MATCH IN Sri Lanka Tour of Pakistan 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If Pakistan Bats First||If Sri Lanka Bats First|
|F Zaman||L Thirimanne|
|H Sohail||A Fernando|
|Imam ul Haq||D Gunathilaka|
|I Wasim||D Shanaka|
|M Amir||I Udana|
|S khan||N Pradeep|
|L Thirimanne||M amir|
|A Fernando||S khan|
|I Udana||I Wasim|
|N Pradeep||Imam ul Haq|
|M Bhanuka||S Ahmed|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*