PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There are absolutely no chances of rain and the sun will be out throughout. The temperature will be in the low 30s with the humidity in the 40s. The conditions will be more or less pleasant for playing cricket. All in all, an exciting uninterrupted game is in the offing.
The pitch has played a tad indifferent over the past few encounters. But the teams, batting second has had the advantage. Also, since it’s an afternoon affair, chasing should be the way forward as, under natural light, the ball may grip on the surface.
- Oman looked good with the bat in both their matches and they will want the likes of Khawar Ali, Jatinder Singh, Zeeshan Maqsood and Aamir Kaleem to continue their good form.
- While skipper Zeeshan Maqsood top-scored for his side in the match against Hong Kong, Jatinder Singh, and Aamir Kaleem both scored in 40s last time out against Ireland to power their team to a match-winning total of 173.
- Khawar Ali is another key batsman in this line-up and the opener will look to give Oman a brisk start.
- Oman has been impressive with the ball as well. They restricted Hong Kong to just 96 in their first match and cleaned up Ireland for 130 in their previous match.
- Mohammad Nadeem has been the pick of the bowlers with five wickets and that too at a very healthy economy rate.
- Bilal Khan and Aamir Kaleem are also wicket-takers and they will be expected to choke the Dutch batsmen on Wednesday.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Oman
Khawar Ali, Jatinder Singh, Aqib Ilyas, Zeeshan Maqsood (C), Amir Kaleem, Khurram Nawaz, Sandeep Goud, Suraj Kumar (wk), Mohammad Nadeem, Fayyaz Butt, Bilal Khan
- The Netherlands was underwhelming with the bat in their last game against Nepal and they will be hoping for their big guns Max O’Dowd, Colin Ackermann, and Roelof van der Merwe to perform well on Wednesday.
- Max O’Dowd has scored the most runs for the team in this series with 81 runs in the two matches and so there will be plenty of expectations from him.
- Colin Ackermann, who has scores of 27 and 29, is another key figure at the top of the order.
- Roelof van der Merwe’s knock will be crucial in the middle order and he can also make an impact with his left-arm spin.
- The key men with the ball, however, will be Paul van Meekeren, Brandon Glover and Fred Klaassen.
- Brandon Glover did a good job last time picking up a wicket and conceding only seven runs off his two overs. Paceman Fred Klaassen will probably lead Netherlands’ bowling attack and will look to hurt Oman early on.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Tobias Visee, Max O’Dowd, Antonius Staal, Colin Ackermann, Pieter Seelaar (C), Roelof van der Merwe, Scott Edwards (wk), Shane Snater, Fred Klaasen, Paul van Meekeren, Brandon Glover
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Oman vs Netherlands 8th T20 IN OMAN T20I SERIES 2019 | 2019 OMAN PENTANGULAR SERIES ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- T Visee
- J Singh
- M O’Dowd
- T Staal
- Z Maqsood
- Khawar Ali (C)
- R V D Merwe
- C Ackermann
- A Kaleem (VC)
- P v Meekeren
- M Nadeem
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*