PITCH AND CONDITION
They have picked a perfect weekend weather-wise for this T20 Blast Finals Day, with zero chance of rain forecast and conditions in Birmingham set to be sunny all day.
Edgbaston is favored for Finals Day not just because of its size (though, of course, that is important), but because its pitch can produce some very even battles between bat and ball.
- Alex Hales will be back with Notts Outlaws after his quarter-final heroics at T20 Blast 2019, having blasted straight off from that game to fulfill his Caribbean Premier League commitments.
- Imad Wasim is unavailable, however, due to domestic commitments and Luke Fletcher could replace him.
- Chris Nash is likely to keep his place after excelling as he replaced Joe Clarke for the quarter-final, meanwhile.
- Notts Outlaws finished the group stage with a dismal defeat to Durham, ending a run of three straight wins, as they were bowled out for 124 chasing 172 to win.
- It did not cost them second place, however, and they bounced back to form in style in the semi-final.
- Matthew Carter was the pick of the bowlers, claiming 2-16 from four overs, as they restricted Middlesex to 160/8.
- In reply, Chris Nash (74*) and Alex Hales (83*) blasted Notts to a stunning ten-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nottinghamshire
Alex Hales, Chris Nash, Ben Duckett, Jake Libby, Tom Moores (wk), Dan Christian (c), Samit Patel, Luke Fletcher, Luke Wood, Matthew Carter, Harry Gurney
- After missing the quarter-final win against Sussex, Hamish Rutherford is available again.
- The question then is who will miss out? Charlie Morris came into the team last time out, but it was his only appearance of the season and he appears to be the prime candidate as a result.
- Worcestershire Rapids missed out on a second place in the North Group when they failed to defend 188/5 in their final group game despite Moeen Ali’s batting form has continued with a half-century.
- It did not prove costly, however, Ali smashing 121* from 60 balls as the Rapids’ chased 185 to beat Sussex Sharks by eight wickets in the quarter-final at Hove.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Worcestershire
Hamish Rutherford, Riki Wessels, Moeen Ali (c), Ben Cox (wk), Ross Whiteley, Tom Fell, Ed Barnard, Daryl Mitchell, Joe Leach, Dillon Pennington, Pat Brown
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Nottinghamshire vs Worcestershire 1st Semi-Final IN VITALITY BLAST 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Alex Hales
- Moeen Ali (C)
- Ben Cox
- Harry Gurney (VC)
- Ben Duckett
- Dan Christian
- Matthew Carter
- Riki Wessels
- Ed Barnard
- Chris Nash
- Luke Wood
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*