PITCH AND CONDITION
There is practically no chance of rain on Thursday evening, with sun forecast – albeit the temperature will get no higher than 16 degrees.
Trent Bridge has favored batting though the World Cup showed that good, fast bowling can combat the obvious advantages afforded to the batsmen.
- mad Wasim returned for the final group game – the home defeat to Durham – and could feature ahead of Luke Wood and Jake Ball for this final group game.
- That has generally been the only Outlaws’ position not settled, particularly since Luke Fletcher’s return to the team.
- Notts Outlaws’ North Group campaign ended in frustration – a rained-off game against Worcestershire Rapids, after a run of three straight wins, followed by a heavy home defeat to Durham.
- Having won six of their group games, they could not add a seventh after being bowled out for 124 in reply to Durham’s 171/8.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nottinghamshire
Alex Hales, Joe Clarke, Ben Duckett, Jake Libby, Tom Moores (wk), Dan Christian (c), Samit Patel, Luke Fletcher, Imad Wasim, Matthew Carter, Harry Gurney
- With Mohammad Hafeez away, Mujeeb Ur Rahman is back in the Middlesex squad for T20 blast quarter-finals.
- He will bolster a bowling unit that came in for some punishment last time out but Middlesex is unlikely to make any other batting changes given how their top-order fired in the win against Somerset.
- Middlesex put a run of three straight defeats behind them to book their quarter-final place in record-breaking fashion.
- Set 227 to beat Somerset, with only Toby Roland-Jones (2-32) managing to keep a good lid on the batting, Middlesex rose to the challenge. Dawid Malan (41 from 14 balls) set the tone before AB de Villiers (32 from 16) kept the run rate high.
- Eoin Morgan then went ballistic, with his unbeaten 83 from 29 balls sealing a stunning six-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Middlesex
Paul Stirling, Dawid Malan (c), AB de Villiers, Eoin Morgan, George Scott, John Simpson (wk), Toby Roland-Jones, Tom Helm, Nathan Sowter, Steven Finn, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Nottinghamshire vs Middlesex 2nd Quarter IN VITALITY BLAST 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*