PITCH AND CONDITION
No rain has been forecast for this match with the skies likely to remain clear on Friday evening. The weather should be cool throughout the duration of the game with temperatures expected to be between 17 and 21 degrees Celsius. Humidity should be around 54-73% with a moderate breeze blowing across the stadium.
The pitch at the Trent Bridge has been pretty good for batting with 150+ being scored on four occasions in the five completed matches that have been played here in this year’s T20 Blast. However, it does tend to get a bit slower as the game progresses and that is evident from the fact that the side batting first at this ground has won four times out of five this season.
- Nottinghamshire made only one change to their line-up in the previous match against Yorkshire in T20 Blast 2019- they brought all-rounder Luke Wood in place of fast bowler Jake Ball.
- With Wood returning expensive figures, the team might consider bringing Ball back for this upcoming encounter against Durham.
- Jake Libby was sent ahead of Tom Moores and Daniel Christian last time and his impressive performance with the bat means that he could continue at number four.
- Nottinghamshire is unlikely to tinker with their opening combination of Joe Clarke and Alex Hales.
- Ben Duckett will probably continue to bat at number three while off-spinner Matthew Carter could be given the ball again in the powerplay.
- With six wins, three losses and four washouts from thirteen matches, Nottinghamshire Outlaws are currently second on the North Group points table with 16 points and have already booked their ticket to the quarter-finals.
- They have secured wins in their last three completed fixtures on the bounce – against Birmingham Bears by 28 runs (D/L method) before beating Leicestershire Foxes and Yorkshire Vikings by seven wickets and three runs respectively.
- Nottinghamshire played their previous match against Worcestershire with whom they had to share points as the game ended in a washout.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nottinghamshire
Joe Clarke, Alex Hales, Ben Duckett, Jake Libby, Tom Moores (wk), Daniel Christian (c), Samit Patel, Luke Fletcher, Matthew Carter, Luke Wood/Jake Ball, Harry Gurney
- Durham dropped fast bowler Brydon Carse after his expensive returns of 0-23 from two overs against Yorkshire and replaced him with medium-pacer James Weighell in the last match against Birmingham Bears.
- Although Weighell ended up conceding 19 runs off the one over that he bowled, he might be given another opportunity considering the team now has nothing to lose.
- Durham do not have any injury scares ahead of this game and they are expected to go in with an unchanged line-up.
- Durham has struggled to win games in this 2019 edition of the Vitality Blast. They currently find themselves second from the bottom in their group standings with four wins, seven defeats and a couple of rained-out games from the thirteen they have played so far.
- Durham has not won consecutive games this season and they have not been able to find consistency right from the start of the tournament.
- They have suffered defeats in their last three completed matches – against Worcestershire by three runs, then against Yorkshire by 14 runs before going down by seven wickets to Birmingham Bears in their most recent encounter.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Durham
D’Arcy Short, Scott Steel, Harry Adair, Peter Handscomb (c/wk), Graham Clark, Ben Raine, James Weighell, Gareth Harte, Liam Trevaskis, Matty Potts, Nathan Rimmington
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Nottinghamshire vs Durham IN VITALITY BLAST 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Alex Hales (C)
- Daniel Christian
- Joe Clarke
- Matty Potts
- Ben Duckett
- D’Arcy Short (VC)
- Peter Handscomb
- Jake Ball
- Harry Adair
- Harry Gurney
- Matthew Carter
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*