PITCH AND CONDITIONS
On previous occasions, the pitch at Bay Oval, which favored pace bowlers in the one-day matches, might behave in the same way in the Test too.
The weather is likely to be humid with a clear sky and a very minimal chance of rain.
- New Zealand is may make two changes to the final Test squad with Sri Lanka.
- William Somerville or Ajaz Patel will join the squad.
- Lockie Ferguson is set for his Test debut.
- New Zealand left with a tie Test series with Sri Lanka, after scoring a six-wicket victory in the first Test.
- In the second test, Tim Southee and Trent Boult took seven first-innings wickets between them as they bowled Sri Lanka out for 244.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF New Zealand
Jeet Raval, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (wk), Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson
- England is going to participate in its first test series since the Ashes, which finished 2-2.
- Ben Stokes’ unbeaten century in the third test kept the series alive.
- Jofra Archer’s six wickets in the first inning and an eight-wicket share between Stuart Broad and Jack Leach in the second innings made them seal a 135-run win.
- Dominic Sibley and Rory Burns are set to open the batting in this match.
- Sibley will be joining Zak Crawley who impressed in the warm-up matches.
- Ollie Pope is set to play at number six.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF England
Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR New Zealand vs England 1st Test England Tour Of New Zealand 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kane Williamson
- Joe Root
- Tom Latham
- Rory Burns
- Dom Sibley
- Mitchell Santner
- Ben Stokes (C)
- BJ Watling
- Trent Boult (VC)
- Tim Southee
- Jofra Archer
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*