PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Some rare early-morning clouds will have blown over by the time this match starts, with temperatures expected to rocket back into the 30s before it is done.
The ICC Academy Ground has been producing well-balanced wickets for these matches so far a good balance between bat and ball, with run rates high but wickets tumbling.
- Colin Ackermann returned to the team last time out, with Fred Klaassen missing out, highlighting the strength in depth of this Dutch team.
- Ackermann had previously missed out with a fractured rib. The Netherlands have won three from three so far.
- Max O’Dowd’s half-century helped them to 166/4 before they restricted Kenya to 136/8 in their first game before Ryan ten Doeschate hit 59 in a total of 140/6 against Namibia.
- The Dutch bowled Namibia out for 96 in reply and their good bowling form continued when they skittled Singapore for 101 last time out.
- O’Dowd top-scored with 35 as the Dutch claimed a comfortable five-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Tobias Visee, Max O’Dowd, Ben Cooper, Ryan ten Doeschate, Colin Ackermann, Pieter Seelaar (c), Roelof van der Merwe, Scott Edwards (wk), Brandon Glover, Paul van Meekeren, Timm van der Gugten
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea has been unchanged for all three matches so far, though new man Riley Hekure’s minimal impact so far could mean Hiri Hiri returns to face the Netherlands.
- After his late flurry last time out, Norman Vanua could be pushed up the batting order.
- Papua New Guinea started the tournament with two wins.
- They beat Bermuda by ten wickets after Norman Vanua’s hat-trick set them on the way to skittling their opponents for 89.
- The Barras then beat Namibia, after more good batting from Tony Ura (71) and Assad Vala (48) in a total of 197/7, before their bowlers helped them to a comfortable 81-run win.
- Last time out, however, they fell just short against Scotland. Chasing 147 to win, they could only manage four runs from the final over as they finished short on 142/9.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Papua New Guinea
Tony Ura, Assad Vala (c), Norman Vanua, Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Lega Siaka, Damien Ravu, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Jason Kila, Nosaina Pokana, Hiri Hiri
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Netherlands vs Papua New Guinea GROUP A, 27TH MATCH IN ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Tony Ura
- Charles Amini
- Scott Edwards
- Norman Vanua
- Lega Siaka
- Assad Vala (C)
- Paul van Meekeren
- Max O’Dowd
- Roelof van der Merwe (VC)
- Brandon Glover
- Ryan ten Doeschate
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*