PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Port Elizabeth favors the batsmen over the bowlers, and that has certainly been the case in MSL 2.0. The slower wicket makes for more balanced contests than other South African grounds, however.
Durban Heat will be pleased to see a forecast clear of rain. It will be windy in Port Elizabeth and temperatures are in the low 20s, but most importantly it should be dry.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
- Matthew Breetzke was back at the top of the order but was caught off his first ball, and the Giants might be tempted to restore Grant Thomson to the starting line-up and push Ben Dunk back up the order as a result. That was the only change from their previous win.
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have won three matches so far in MSL 2019 and were well on top in their other game too when rain intervened.
- Since that no result against Tshwane Spartans, the Giants have beaten both of last year’s finalists, however.
- Junior Dala and Imran Tahir took three wickets apiece to bowl Jozi Stars out for 108 before the Giants claimed a nine-wicket win in just 9.1 overs.
- Then, chasing 187 to beat Cape Town Blitz, JJ Smuts hit 73 from 51 balls and Marco Marais’ late 40* from 20 balls got them over the line with four balls and five wickets to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Ben Dunk (wk), JJ Smuts (c), Heino Kuhn, Grant Thomson, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir, Nandre Burger
- Durban Heat brought Wesley Marshall in at the top of the order last time out, replacing Sarel Erwee, but he was out first ball. Given the heat had been set an improbable five-over chase, however, Marshall may be given another chance.
- Marco Jansen also came into the team, replacing Prenelan Subrayen, but he bowled three wicketless overs.
- Durban Heat has suffered two total wash-outs, a defeat to Cape Town Blitz and now a no result. Their only completed game saw Wihan Lubbe smash 83 from 42 balls chasing 175 against Cape Town Blitz, but the Heat could only reach 164/7.
- Last time out, the rain had already left Durban Heat needing an improbable 66 from five overs and, when Wesley Marshall and Lubbe were out of the first two balls, they were probably grateful the rain forced a no result at 21/3 from 2.1 overs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Durban Heat
Wesley Marshall, Alex Hales, Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas (c, wk), David Miller, Ravi Bopara, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Prenelan Subrayen, Kyle Abbott, Malusi Siboto
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat MZANSI SUPER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- JJ Smuts
- Chris Morris (C)
- Dane Vilas
- Imran Tahir (VC)
- Ben Dunk
- Heino Kuhn
- Junior Dala
- Wihan Lubbe
- Kyle Abbott
- Alex Hales
- Jason Roy
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*