PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While the evening will naturally mean a bit of the scorching mid-day heat will have eased, it is still set to be hot and dry in Dubai.
Namibia racked up a big score in their most recent match in Dubai, which remains a batting wicket even if there were some low-scoring games there on the final day of the group stage.
- Stephan Baard’s return for the third match of the group stage coincided with Namibia finding some winning form they have stuck with the same team since and will probably be unchanged for a fifth consecutive game this time out.
- Namibia won their final four group games in a row to charge up the table and into the play-offs.
- Captain Gerhard Erasmus found some top batting form in the final two games of that run-hitting half-centuries against both Kenya and Singapore.
- Namibia set Kenya 182 to win and the bowled them out for 94 as Bernard Scholtz took 4-12, while Singapore was dismissed for 104 in reply to 191/8 Jan Frylinck claiming 4-21.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Namibia
Stephan Baard, Niko Davin, JP Kotze, Craig Williams, Gerhard Erasmus (c), JJ Smit, Zane Green (wk), Christi Viljoen, Jan Frylinck, Ben Shikongo, Bernard Scholtz
- Kaleemullah replaced Fayyaz Butt last time out, but Oman could revert to the team that beat Canada after he failed to make a positive impact with the ball.
- Oman won four of their first five group games but fluffed their lines in their final game against Jersey a defeat which cost them top spot.
- Mohammad Nadeem’s 4-23 left them chasing 142 to win, but Oman could only manage 127/9, as they slipped to 6/3 from two overs and Zeeshan Maqsood’s half-century proved in vain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Oman
Jatinder Singh, Khawar Ali, Aqib Ilyas, Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Aamir Kaleem, Suraj Kumar (wk), Khurram Nawaz, Sandeep Goud, Mohammad Nadeem, Fayyaz Butt, Bilal Khan
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Namibia vs Oman, PLAYOFF 1 | ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Christi Viljoen
- Gerhard Erasmus
- JP Kotze
- Bernard Scholtz
- Zeeshan Maqsood
- Aqib Ilyas
- Christi Viljoen (VC)
- Mohammad Nadeem
- Jatinder Singh
- JJ Smit (C)
- Jan Frylinck
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*