PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the New Wanderers Stadium is a fine batting track, with many runs on offer. This ground also offers spinner’s a chance but it helps pacers much more.
- Jozi Stars are the strongest side of the Mzansi Super League.
- They are the title winners of the 2018 edition when they beat Cape Town Blitz in the final.
- Jozi Stars have signed Pakistani player Shoaib Malik who was the captain of Guyana Amazon Warriors in the recently concluded edition of the CPL.
- Temba Bavuma was preferred for the captaincy role over the former skipper Dane Vilas.
- Chris Gayle, Kagiso Rabada and RVD Dussen are the other key players to look out for in the franchise.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jozi Stars
Kagiso Rabada, Chris Gayle, Rassie van der Dussen, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma(c), Simon Harmer, Aaron Phangiso, S Malik, Nono Pongolo, Eathan Bosch, Delano Potgieter/Dane Paterson
Cape Town Blitz
- Cape Town Blitz was a strong contender but suffered defeat at the hands of Jozi Stars in the final.
- Cape Town was the top team in the points table in the last season.
- Proteas wicket-keeper batsman Quinton de Kock has been appointed as the new skipper for the Blitz.
- T20 Blast’s top performer Moeen Ali and Pakistani pacer Wahab Riaz will also join this squad.
- Wahab will join the squad after the Australia T20 series.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Cape Town Blitz
Quinton de Kock(c), Liam Livingstone, Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje, Janneman Malan, George Linde, Vernon Philander, Marques Ackerman, Gregory Mahlokoana, Aviwe Mgijima, Moeen Ali
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz 1st Match | Mzansi Super League 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Quinton de Kock
- Chris Gayle
- Rassie van der Dussen
- Janneman Malan
- Simon Harmer
- George Linde
- Moen Ali
- Nono Pongolo
- Dale Steyn
- Vernon Philander
- Gregory Mahlokoana
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*