PITCH AND CONDITIONS
A clear evening is in store in Kingston, with temperatures sticking in the high 20s and very little wind or chance of rain.
Sabina Park’s pitch has slowed in recent years, but there are still runs to be scored on the rock-hard surface and the fast bowlers can still extract pace and bounce. Jamaica Tallawahs’ score of 170/5 proved well below par last time out.
- Jamaica Tallawahs changed their bowling attack last time out, after failing to defend 241/4 against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots.
- Derval Green and Ramaal Lewis came in, making their T20 debuts, but both were expensive.
- Jerome Taylor was too and there could be further changes in store as a result. Andre Russell retired hurt after a blow to the head while batting and did not bowl as a result.
- He is a major doubt, despite being cleared of serious injury.
- Jamaica Tallawahs are still looking for their first win of the 2019 competition.
- They could only reach 169/6 in reply to Trinbago Knight Riders’ 191/4 in their first game, while Chris Gayle’s century proved in vain as they failed to defend 241/4 against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots in their second match.
- Last time out, Glenn Phillips hit 58 from 34 balls in a total of 170/5 against St Lucia Zouks but again the bowling did not back it up despite Oshane Thomas’ 3-26.
- The Zouks needed just 16.4 overs to seal a five-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Glenn Phillips (wk), Chris Gayle (c), Kennar Lewis, Chadwick Walton, Rovman Powell, George Worker, Shamar Springer, Steven Jacobs, Derval Green, Oshane Thomas, Jerome Taylor
Trinbago Knight Riders
- Having not been included in the USA squad for their Tri-Nation Series, Ali Khan is available for the Knight Riders but has played just once Anderson Phillip has played the other two games.
- The rest of the Knight Riders’ team has been unchanged but Colin Munro is now available after international commitments and likely to slot in at the top of the order.
- Dwayne Bravo has been ruled out of the tournament injured.
- Trinbago Knight Riders have won three from three so far, beating St Kitts & Nevis Patriots, Jamaica Tallawahs and St Lucia Zouks in their first set of CPL 2019 home matches.
- They posted 152/7 in their first game and Jimmy Neesham took 3-18 as they bowled the Patriots out for 141.
- Next up, they scored 191/4 against Jamaica Tallawahs and restricted them to 169/6 in reply, and then followed that up by chasing 168 to beat St Lucia Zouks by seven wickets in just 17.5 overs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Colin Munro, Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Jimmy Neesham, Seekkuge Prasanna, Tion Webster, Mohammad Hasnain, Javon Searles, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Jamaica Tallawahs vs Trinbago Knight Riders 10th MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard
- Jimmy Neesham (C)
- Glenn Phillips
- Oshane Thomas (VC)
- Chris Gayle
- Sunil Narine
- Shamar Springer
- Tion Webster
- Javon Searles
- Colin Munro
- Chadwick Walton
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*