PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Kingston is forecast thunderstorms all week, though they are forecast to clear from 8 pm onwards as long as the outfield dries, there is still a chance of a full game.
Sabina Park remains a hard and fast wicket, even if it is not as fast as in the past. There are plenty of runs to be had, as can be seen from the number of 200+ scores at the ground so far this season.
- Fit-again Andre Russell was one of the only Tallawahs players to impress last time out, and his return is a boost for the Tallawahs.
- Jade Dernbach has also come into the team in the last two matches, after flying out as a late replacement.
- Oshane Thomas was another to come back into the team, but he was expensive and he will have to do a lot better if he retains his place.
- Rovman Powell has missed the last two games through injury.
- Jamaica Tallawahs have won just one of their six matches so far this season.
- That victory came against Barbados Tridents when Zahir Khan took 3-20 to restrict them to 140/9 from their 20 overs.
- In reply, Chadwick Walton hit an unbeaten half-century to guide the Tallawahs to a four-wicket win.
- Last time out, however, they failed to back it up. After conceding 218/6 against Guyana Amazon Warriors, they then fell to a miserable 137 all out in reply.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Glenn Phillips (wk), Chris Gayle (c), Chadwick Walton, Javelle Glen, George Worker, Andre Russell, Dwaine Smith, Ramaal Lewis, Jade Dernbach, Oshane Thomas, Zahir Khan
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
- Alzarri Joseph and Shamarh Brooks returned last time out, in place of Usama Mir and Kjorn Ottley, with the former in particular is much-improved form.
- After two wins in a row, the Patriots are unlikely to make sweeping changes for this trip to Sabina Park.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots have come back into form to keep their CPL 2019 season alive.
- First, Akeem Jordan took 4-33 on his T20 debut to restrict St Lucia Zouks to 138/9, before Evin Lewis’ 65 from 30 balls ensured they made light work of sealing a six-wicket win Then, last time out, Carlos Brathwaite was the hero.
- He took two wickets as Trinbago Knight Riders previously unbeaten posted 216/4 and then hit 64 from 30 balls as the Patriots reached the same score for seven down.
- In the super over, Brathwaite hit 17 of the Patriots’ 18 runs and then defended it with an excellent over of his own.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Mohammad Hafeez, Shamarh Brooks, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, Rayad Emrit, Alzarri Joseph, Akeem Jordan, Sheldon Cottrell
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts & Nevis Patriots 16TH MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Chris Gayle
- Andre Russell (C
- Glenn Phillips
- Zahir Khan
- Chadwick Walton
- Fabian Allen
- Akeem Jordan
- Evin Lewis (VC)
- Alzarri Joseph
- Laurie Evans
- Ramaal Lewis
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*