PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather looks promising for this game with clear skies forecast for Wednesday. The chances of precipitation in the evening are very low and so a full forty-over game seems likely on the cards. 29-30 degrees Celsius is the expected temperature during the match while humidity could be around 73%.
The Sabina Park has produced a couple of high-scoring encounters from the three matches it has hosted so far this CPL season. There have been two scores in 170s and even 200+ has been scored here on two occasions. One can again expect batsman-friendly conditions on Wednesday.
- Jamaica Tallawahs are fretting over the fitness of their key man and all-rounder Andre Russell who is currently recovering from injury.
- Russell took a blow on the head while batting in the game against St Lucia Zouks last Thursday and is set to undergo fitness assessment ahead of this game.
- At the moment, he seems to be fine and is expected to play on Wednesday.
- The Tallawahs have already lost injured Rovman Powell for the remainder of the tournament while all-rounder Shamar Springer, who missed the previous two encounters, is yet to recover from his knee injury.
- Losing their first four matches on the trot, Jamaica Tallawahs have made the worst possible start to their campaign in this year’s Caribbean Premier League.
- They are currently languishing at the bottom of the CPL 2019 points table with just a couple of points in their kitty having won only one out of the five matches they have played so far.
- The Tallawahs, however, managed to end their losing run and secure their first win of the season last time out with a four-wicket victory over Barbados Tridents at Kingston.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Chris Gayle, Glenn Phillips (wk), Chadwick Walton (c), George Worker, Dwayne Smith, Javelle Glen/Andre Russell, Jade Dernbach, Derval Green, Ramaal Lewis, Christopher Lamont, Zahir Khan
- Guyana Amazon Warriors made a couple of changes to their side in the last match against Barbados Tridents they dropped Shadab Khan and Odean Smith and strengthened their spin department by bringing in a couple of leg-spinners in Qais Ahmad and Imran Tahir.
- Both had a good game with the ball last time, sharing five wickets between them, and the duo is likely to be retained for this match.
- The Warriors don’t seem to have any injury worries at the moment and they are expected to go in with an unchanged line-up.
- Like the previous edition where they went all the way to reach the final of the tournament, Guyana Amazon Warriors have got off to a perfect start this season with wins in each of their first four fixtures.
- They are currently topping the CPL 2019 leaderboard with eight points from four league games.
- After securing a 13-run victory against St Lucia Zouks in their opening encounter, the Warriors beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots and Barbados Tridents by eight wickets and 47 runs respectively before facing the Patriots again and thrashing them by seven wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Guyana Amazon
Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Shoaib Malik (c), Nicholas Pooran (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Green, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Qais Ahmad, Imran Tahir
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon 15th MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Chris Gayle (c)
- Shoaib Malik
- Glenn Phillips
- Zahir Khan
- Chadwick Walton
- Keemo Paul
- Jade Dernbach
- Chandrapaul Hemraj
- Imran Tahir
- Shimron Hetmyer (VC)
- Romario Shepherd
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*