PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Irish fans will be relieved to see a weather forecast that gives a very minimal chance of rain. Instead, they can expect clear, sunny conditions albeit still cool at little more than 14 degrees Celsius.
Malahide is generally a balanced wicket but there have been big scores in the past and last time out was no different as Scotland went ballistic.
- Ireland was looking to use this tournament to make a final choice on their squad for the UAE and so time is against them now.
- Uncapped Harry Tector is looking for his first appearance, while there have been returns for Jacob Mulder and Gareth Delany.
- Since ending the Oman Quadrangular T20i series with defeat to Scotland, Ireland has suffered three defeats from three against Afghanistan and then drew with Zimbabwe.
- Mark Adair and Paul Stirling starred with bat and ball as they won a shortened 13-over game against Zimbabwe but they then lost the second match by eight wickets.
- Their only scheduled match since – the opening game of this tournament fell victim to the rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Ireland
Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Gary Wilson (c, wk), Andrew Balbirnie, Stuart Thompson, Mark Adair, Shane Getkate, David Delany, George Dockrell, Boyd Rankin, Jacob Mulder
- Recalled Ollie Hairs played in the last game but did not bat watching the final two balls from the non-striker’s end.
- He is likely to get another chance as a result.
- The other selection issue was behind the stumps, with Craig Wallace taking the gloves in place of Matthew Cross.
- Cross will be pushing for a recall. Scotland started this Tri-Series in stunning batting form against the Netherlands, as George Munsey (127*) and Kyle Coetzer (89) combined to post a 200-run opening partnership and help Scotland to 252/3.
- Alasdair Evans then took 2-19 from four overs to ensure the Dutch got nowhere near the target in reply.
- They previously won the Oman Quadrangular Series and the most recent Tri-Series between these three European nations too.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Scotland
George Munsey, Kyle Coetzer (c), Matthew Cross (wk), Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, Ollie Hairs, Michael Leask, Adrian Neill, Safyaan Sharif, Mark Watt, Alasdair Evans
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Ireland vs Scotland 3rd T20 T20 IN IRELAND TRI-NATION SERIES 2019-20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- George Munsey (C)
- Richie Berrington
- Gary Wilson
- Alasdair Evans
- Kyle Coetzer
- Mark Adair
- Mark Watt
- Paul Stirling (VC)
- Adrian Neill
- Andrew Balbirnie
- Kevin O’Brien
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*