PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Though it will be cloudy in Dublin, there is only a very minimal chance of any rain. Temperatures are cool at 16 degrees Celsius at Malahide, but importantly it should stay dry so there should be no repeat of the opening game.
Malahide has generally served a balanced wicket but the scores so far have proved that there is something in it for the batsmen. Overhead conditions could skew things slightly, but there is no other reason to suggest the run rates may stay low.
- David Delany and Harry Tector made their T20 international debuts last time out and will probably feel they did enough to earn another shot at it for this game.
- Kevin O’Brien opened the batting with Paul Stirling nursing a slight injury.
- The big-hitting opener is unlikely to be risked with the T20 World Cup qualifier on the horizon unless he gets back to absolute full fitness.
- Ireland suffered frustration when their opening game was rained off but they made up for lost time with an excellent win against Scotland.
- Boyd Rankin (3-29) and Gareth Delany (2-31) were the picks of the bowlers as Scotland posted 193/7 before Delany (52) and Andy Balbirnie (64 from 32 balls) powered Ireland to a four-wicket win. They still had 14 balls to spare too.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF IRELAND
Kevin O’Brien, Gareth Delany, Gary Wilson (c, wk), Andrew Balbirnie, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Stuart Thompson, Mark Adair, Shane Getkate, David Delany, Boyd Rankin
- Clayton Floyd made his T20i debut in the defeat to Scotland, but his bowling failed to deliver. Bas de Leede, another who will not be traveling to the UAE, also played.
- Philippe Boissevain and 16-year-old Vikramjit Singh could be handed their opportunities this time out.
- The Netherlands poor T20i form continued last time out when they were given a punishing with the ball by Scotland.
- The Scots posted 252/3, with Shane Snater taking all three wickets, and unsurprisingly the Dutch were well short.
- Not even 96* from 49 balls by captain Pieter Seelaar could lift them beyond 194/7.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Tobias Visee, Max O’Dowd, Ben Cooper, Vikramjit Singh, Tonny Staal, Scott Edwards (wk), Pieter Seelaar (c), Shane Snater, Paul van Meekeren, Fred Klaassen, Philippe Boissevain
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Ireland vs Netherlands 4th T20 T20 IN IRELAND TRI-NATION SERIES 2019-20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Max O’Dowd
- Gareth Delany (C)
- Tobias Visee
- Paul van Meekeren
- Andrew Balbirnie
- Pieter Seelaar (VC)
- Scott Edwards
- Boyd Rankin
- Kevin O’Brien
- Shane Snater
- David Delany
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*