PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The forecast has given between 35-40 percent chance of rain in Dublin, which could cause a frustrating afternoon. The temperature is set to be in the high teens.
Generally, a balanced wicket, the previous stats at Malahide are skewed a little by the strength of the opposition Ireland have faced. In general, there should be something for the batsmen and bowlers.
- Gareth and David Delany are among the player selected by Ireland, who is the only one of the three teams in this tournament not to confirm the squad that will then head to the UAE next month.
- Harry Tector is another looking for his international debut, while Jacob Mulder returns too.
- After two wins from three games at the Oman Quadrangular T20i series, Ireland’s recent form in the shortest format has dipped.
- They lost all three matches in their series against Afghanistan before a 1-1 draw with Zimbabwe.
- In a reduced first game, Mark Adair took 4-40 and Paul Stirling hammered 86* from 36 balls as Ireland chased 134 to win by nine wickets in a match shortened to 13 overs.
- Zimbabwe leveled the series in the final game, however – Ireland’s 171/9 proving below par as the tourists raced to 172/2 in just 16.4 overs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Ireland
Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Gary Wilson (c, wk), Andrew Balbirnie, Stuart Thompson, Mark Adair, Shane Getkate, David Delany, George Dockrell, Boyd Rankin, Jacob Mulder
- The Dutch have internationally overlooked their county players for much of this season, with a view to blooding younger players, and that is the case again with this tournament.
- Ryan ten Doeschate, Colin Ackermann and Roelof van der Merwe will join the squad in the UAE for the T20 World Cup qualifier but, for now, uncapped Vikram Singh has been selected, as have Clayton Floyd and Bas de Leede.
- Like Ireland, the Netherlands won two of their three matches at the Oman Quadrangular Series.
- They then drew 1-1 with Zimbabwe posting 199/6 in their first game as Ben Cooper and Roelof van der Merwe hit half-centuries before they bowled them out for 150.
- The second match was tied, but the Dutch lost in the super over after both teams scored 152.
- Most recently, an inexperienced Dutch side headed to the UAE but lost all four matches against the hosts.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Tobias Visee, Max O’Dowd, Ben Cooper, Bas de Leede, Tonny Staal, Scott Edwards (wk), Pieter Seelaar (c), Brandon Glover, Paul van Meekeren, Fred Klaassen, Philippe Boissevain
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Ireland vs Netherlands 1st T20 IN Ireland Tri-Nation Series 2019-20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Max O’Dowd (C)
- Stuart Thompson
- Tobias Visee
- Paul van Meekeren
- Paul Stirling (VC)
- Mark Adair
- Philippe Boissevain
- Andrew Balbirnie
- Pieter Seelaar
- George Dockrell
- Ben Cooper
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*