PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather forecast in Surat is ominous again on Sunday. Thunderstorms are forecast all day and the chance of rain is still around the 50 percent mark into the evening. The outfield will be wet even if the rain has stopped by then so it could be another frustrating night.
Surat – India’s newest international cricket venue – seemed to serve up a grippy wicket in the first match and the recent weather conditions could mean it is a slow one again if there is play on Sunday.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Veda Krishnamurthy, Anuja Patil, Radha Yadav, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Poonam Yadav, Shikha Pandey
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee (wk), Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolfvaardt, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus (c), Shabnim Ismail, Nondumiso Shangase, Ayabonga Khaka, Tumi Sekhukhune, Nonkululeko Mlaba
- Pooja Vastrakar bowled just the one over in the first game conceding 18 from it and her place seems to be the one in the most danger, with both Anuja Patil and Arundhati Reddy waiting in the wings.
- Shafali Verma will be eager for another chance to impress too she made her WT20i debut last time out, but only lasted four balls.
- India came into this series on the back of seven consecutive WT20i defeats the World T20 semi-final, followed by series whitewashes at the hands of New Zealand and England.
- They wasted no time breaking that drought in this series, however posting 130/8 and then bowling South Africa out for 119 in reply thanks to Deepti Sharma’s excellent bowling to claim an 11-run win.
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- Nonkululeko Mlaba made her WT20i debut in the first game and Ayabonga Khaka returned to the team too.
- The latter had the better game, bowling economically, but both could be retained for this third match.
- South Africa bowled well last time out, as they looked to push on from their series win against Pakistan in their most recent WT20i matches when Shabnim Ismail claimed 3-26 and Ayabonga Khaka conceded just ten from her four overs.
- It left them needing 131 to win, but Mignon du Preez’s half-century proved in vain as they fell short on 119.
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA WOMEN VS SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN 3RD T20 IN SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN TOUR OF INDIA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Smriti Mandhana
- Deepti Sharma (C)
- Lizelle Lee
- Shabnim Ismail (VC)
- Hamanpreet Kaur
- Nadine de Klerk
- Taniya Bhatia
- Radha Yadav
- Jemimah Rodrigues
- Nondumiso Shangase
- Mignon du Preez
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*