PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Thundershowers have been forecast for the third day’s play which could result in a few interruptions. The rest of the days, however, are expected to be nice and bright which means there would still be plenty of time remaining in this match for a result.
The JSCA International Stadium Complex has hosted only one international test match – India vs Australia in 2017. The Aussies and the home team posted 451 and 603/9 in their first innings respectively. Australia was reduced to 204/6 in their second innings which shows that the pitch tends to deteriorate post day three.
- India steamrolled South Africa in the second test at Pune to win by an innings with 137 runs. The hosts have taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series and will be eyeing a whitewash when they face the visitors in the third and final game of the tour
- Batting first in the last match, Indian batsmen posted a grand total in the first innings, riding on daddy hundreds from Mayank Agarwal and Virat Kohli.
- India’s deep batting line-up and versatile stroke makers helped them to post a tall total for the Proteas to chase down.
- In the second innings, Umesh Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja utilized the surface to perfection as they returned with great figures each after having a laborious outing in the first innings.
- India has a perfectly rounded bowling attack, which did pretty well in the second match, and the onus will be on them to get India to yet another victory to clean sweep the series
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami
- With just one more game to go, South Africa now has nothing to play for but pride and they will be hoping to salvage some of that in this third and final match of their tour of India.
- On paper, South Africa has a terrific batting unit, whose prowess was seen in the first test. Dean Elgar’s grit and determination allowed the rest of the batsmen to settle down and then play their shots.
- Faf du Plessis was himself brilliant in both the innings, but superb deliveries in both the innings cut him short of what could have been a good score.
- South Africa’s bowling has done well for them historically, but the likes of Rabada and Philander failed to make any impression whatsoever in the opening match
- The Proteas have struggled in this series, particularly with the ball, and they will need their strike bowlers to pick up wickets early in the Indian innings in order to create some pressure on the home team.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA
Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Theunis de Bruyn, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Senuran Muthusamy, Vernon Philander, Dane Piedt/George Linde, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS SOUTH AFRICA 3rd TEST IN SOUTH AFRICA TOUR OF INDIA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF India Bat First||IF South Africa Bat First|
|R Sharma||Q De Kock|
|V Kohli||D Elgar|
|M Agarwal||F Du Plessis|
|R Jadeja||V Philander|
|R Ashwin||D Piedt|
|M Shami||K Rabada|
|U Yadav||U Yadav|
|K Rabada||R Jadeja|
|V Philander||R Sharma|
|D Elgar||M Agarwal|
|Q de Kock||R Ashwin|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*