PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather in Vishakhapatnam has been wet and a lot of rain has been forecast for the duration of the test match. We are going to see a lot of delays and overs lost which could make getting a result difficult.
The pitch seems to be pretty even and a typical Indian surface. It should be good to bat on first the first three days and then take spin later.
- India has announced its playing eleven well before the start of the match and there is one big change that has been made. Rishabh Pant has been left out in place of Wriddhiman Saha. There are reasons why this change could have been made.
- India is also experimenting with Rohit Sharma as the opening batsman alongside Mayank Aggarwal. This is the best time for Rohit Sharma to cement his place in the test side and quite possibly also the last series.
- Wriddhiman Saha bats at 7 followed by the very capable Ashwin and Jadeja. India can afford to play this kind of lineup while playing at home. Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami are the two fast bowlers for the first test.
- India’s batting is very strong, and the two spinners are going to be difficult to face. Mohammad Shami is brilliant in conditions that reverse-swing a little while Ishant Sharma is going to be a handful with the new ball.
- The world’s best test side with success around the world is going to be relish playing in home conditions.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami
- The South African sides of the past which have had a lot of success in India have attributed that too batting for long periods and having the best fast-bowling attack at your disposal. It is hard to see the South Africans be able to achieve anyone out of those two objectives in this series.
- The batting is going to depend on the performances of Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Faf du Plessis, and Quinton de Kock. Elgar can bat a long time but he has had his troubles against Ashwin, Markram is still evolving into the batsman he can be, and Quinton de Kock is also not too trustworthy.
- Faf du Plessis is then the best bet for a South African batting bulwark in this series.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje are expected to shoulder the burden of fast bowling duties. We are struggling to see any situation where this bowling attack is going to be able to put the Indian batting under too much pressure.
- We think long days in the field chasing leather lie ahead of the South African bowling unit.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA
Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Zubayr Hamza, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis, Quinton de Kock, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Dane Piedt, Vernon Philander
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS SOUTH AFRICA 1ST TEST IN SOUTH AFRICA TOUR OF INDIA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If India Bats First||If South Africa Bats First|
|R Sharma||Q De Kock|
|C Pujara||F Du Plessis|
|A Rahane||D Elgar|
|R Ashwin||A Markram|
|R Jadeja||L Ngidi|
|M Shami||K Rabada|
|L Ngidi||I Sharma|
|K Rabada||M Shami|
|Faf Du Plessis||R Ashwin|
|D Elgar||V Kohli|
|Q De Kock||R Sharma|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*