PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There is a good chance of showers accompanied by thunderstorms on Sunday evening. The meteorological department has predicted plenty of cloud cover throughout the match. Temperature is expected to be around 16-17 degrees Celsius and humidity around 80%.
The surface is something of an unknown and the rule in India is when in doubt bat first as it should take spin late in the game regardless of how it starts off.
- After a highly successful tour of the West Indies, India has won all three series in each format of the game.
- They return home for three T20s, three Test matches, and three one-day internationals for South Africa’s Tour of India and the shortest format starting first in Dharamshala.
- With Jasprit Bumrah rested and MS Dhoni taking a pause from the game amid speculation of the legend contemplating retirement, India is slightly under-strength but have still named a hugely talented squad that has to be favored to win this series.
- Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar, and Khaleel Ahmed are all expected to be given another chance to impress in this series, while T20 specialists like Hardik and Krunal Pandya both return to the fold to support a top-six batting line-up that is as strong as any in the game right now and is led by Virat Kohli
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Manish Pandey/Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini, K Khaleel Ahmed
- South Africa’s focus turns towards T20 competition now ahead of next year’s World Cup and they start to ramp their schedule up now after playing only 14 matches in the last two years in this format of the game.
- Quinton de Kock has been named as captain of the team and the squad has a young look about it with there being no Faf du Plessis, with much more responsibility on the likes of Bavuma, Van der Dussen, and Reeza Hendricks
- The bowling attack still boasts star Kagiso Rabada who will have benefited from a rest recently after a busy schedule, but they have high hopes for talented yet raw fast bowler Anrich Nortje who is fit again and will be raring to test himself against India.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA
Quinton de Kock (c/wk), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Junior Dala, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR India vs South Africa 1ST T20 IN South Africa Tour Of India 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If India Bats First||If South Africa Bats First|
|R Pant||Q De Kock|
|V Kohli||R Van de Dussen|
|M Pandey||R Hendricks|
|H Pandya||A Phelukwayo|
|D Chahar||K Rabada|
|K Ahmed||T Shamsi|
|K Rabada||D Chahar|
|T Shamsi||K Ahmed|
|A Phelukwayo||H Pandya|
|D Miller||V Kohli|
|Q De Kock||R Pant|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*