PITCH AND CONDITIONS
A clear evening in Delhi, with temperatures in the mid-20s, should make for excellent cricket conditions.
Previously known as the Feroz Shah Kotla, the Arun Jaitley Stadium is known for being a batting wicket and generally favored batting during its most recent major action at the IPL.
- With Virat Kohli rested, Rohit Sharma will lead India in this series.
- MS Dhoni remains absent, while Navdeep Saini and Bhuvneshwar Kumar are unavailable due to fitness issues.
- Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah are also both recovering from recent back surgery. With Pandya out, Shivam Dube has been called up and could be a like-for-like replacement.
- They have also recalled Sanju Samson, Shardul Thakur, and Yuzvendra Chahal.
- India whitewashed West Indies in August, but come into this series on the back of a draw with South Africa.
- Virat Kohli hit 72* as India chased 150 to win the second match by seven wickets (the first having been rained off), but they lost the final game heavily after struggling to 134/9 – going down by nine wickets with 3.1 overs to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF India
Rohit Sharma (c), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Shivam Dube, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Khaleel Ahmed
- Bangladesh has been rocked by the news the ICC has suspended Shakib-al-Hasan for failing to report three corrupt approaches.
- The Tigers will be without their captain and star man for the next 12 months.
- They also go into this series without Tamim Iqbal whose partner is due to give birth and injured bowler Mohammad Saifuddin.
- Bangladesh comes into this series having most recently faced Afghanistan and Zimbabwe at home.
- The Tigers won three of their four matches but the final of the Tri-Series was rained off.
- They beat Zimbabwe first up, thanks to Afif Hossain’s 52 from 26 balls and then bounced back from defeat to Afghanistan by beating both teams in the second round of fixtures.
- Mahmudullah scored a half-century in a 39-run win against Zimbabwe, while Shakib-al-Hasan hit 70* from 45 balls in a four-wicket win against Afghanistan. It meant Bangladesh topped the group.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bangladesh
Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah (c), Mohammad Naim, Sabbir Rahman, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Haider
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR India vs Bangladesh, 1st T20 | Bangladesh tour of India, 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Rohit Sharma (C)
- Shivam Dube
- Mushfiqur Rahim
- Mustafizur Rahman
- Shikhar Dhawan (VC)
- Afif Hossain
- Liton Das
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Lokesh Rahul
- Rishabh Pant
- Deepak Chahar
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*