PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The venue has been high-scoring thus far as the three T20s also include a 200+ chase. The totals by the teams batting first are 154, 112 and 203 respectively in those three matches. We might witness totals of 150+ in this series as well.
This T20I series is expected to be welcomed by bright weather. The forecast suggests the weather to be clear and sunny in Doha on Thursday. Hence, there won’t be any rain interruptions.
- Muhammad Tanveer, Faisal Javed, Nouman Sarwar, and Kamran Khan form the backbone of Qatar’s batting and it will be crucial that at least two of these batsmen go on to score big.
- Faisal Javed will probably open the batting and the onus will be on him to set the tone of the innings.
- Muhammad Tanveer, the team’s leading run-scorer in T20 internationals, is another key man in this batting line-up and more likely to trouble Jersey’s bowlers in this match.
- Nouman Sarwar will be a threat to the opposition with both bat and ball.
- The all-rounder has impressive T20I record to his name and has been one of the most consistent bowlers for Qatar in international cricket.
- Iqbal Hussain and Mohammed Nadeem are two other quality options in this bowling unit.
- The former has taken the most wickets for the team in this format and he will be relied upon heavily when it comes to taking early wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF QATAR
Faisal Javed, Kamran Khan, Muhammad Tanveer, Imran Ashraf, Mohammed Rizlan (wk), Saqlain Arshad, Nouman Sarwar, Qalandar Khan, Iqbal Hussain (c), Mohammed Nadeem, Gayan Munaweera
- In terms of batting, Jersey will bank mainly on Nick Ferraby, Ben Stevens, Jonty Jenner, and Dominic Blampied.
- Jonty Jenner is currently the team’s best batsman in the twenty-over format and so there will be a lot of expectations from him.
- Nick Ferraby and Ben Stevens have also done pretty well with the bat and the team will want them to make substantial contributions on Thursday.
- Dominic Blampied will be Jersey’s biggest hope in the middle order. With the ball, it will be up to the likes of Charles Perchard, Elliot Miles and Anthony Hawkins-Kay to take wickets and also keep Qatar’s scoring-rate in check.
- Charles Perchard, the skipper, is the team’s highest wicket-taker in the T20 format and he could cause problems for the opposition.
- Anthony Hawkins-Kay was outstanding at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Region Final where he finished among the leading wicket-takers and Jersey will want him to carry that form into this match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF JERSEY
Nick Ferraby, Corey Bisson/Harrison Carlyon, Ben Stevens, Jonty Jenner, Dominic Blampied, Jake Dunford (wk), Anthony Hawkins-Kay, Benjamin Ward, Elliot Miles, Charles Perchard (c), Julius Sumerauer
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR QATAR VS JERSEY 2nd T20 IN JERSEY TOUR OF QATAR 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*