PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The venue has been high-scoring thus far as the three T20s also include a 200+ chase. The totals by the teams batting first are 154, 112 and 203 respectively in those three matches. We might witness totals of 150+ in this series as well.
This T20I series is expected to be welcomed by bright weather. The forecast suggests the weather to be clear and sunny in Doha on Thursday. Hence, there won’t be any rain
- Qatar’s batting will rely mainly on Faisal Javed, Muhammad Tanveer, and Tamoor Sajjad. Muhammad Tanveer has scored the most runs for the team in T20 internationals 323 runs which include three half-centuries.
- Faisal Javed is having a strike-rate of 154.38 in this format and the opener will be expected to take the home team off to a flying start.
- Tamoor Sajjad is a key figure in this team with both bat and ball. The skipper was the leading run-scorer for Qatar at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Final held in Singapore in July and he is also one of their best bowlers in T20Is.
- Iqbal Hussain, however, is the biggest of all the threats in this bowling attack.
- The pacer is the team’s most successful T20 bowler with 22 wickets in 12 matches and he even topped the wickets charts in the Singapore tournament with 12 wickets in four matches.
- Nouman Sarwar and Mohammed Nadeem are two other bowlers to watch out for.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Qatar
Faisal Javed, Kamran Khan, Saqlain Arshad, Muhammad Tanveer, Mohammed Rizlan (WK), Qalandar Khan, Nouman Sarwar, Iqbal Hussain (C), Gayan Munaweera, Mohammed Nadeem, Imran Ashraf.
- Nick Ferraby, Jonty Jenner and Ben Stevens are the danger men with the bat in Jersey’s batting line-up. Jonty Jenner will be the team’s biggest hope.
- He is the leading run-getter for Jersey in the game’s 20-over format and he also scored the most runs for the team at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Region Final held in June.
- Nick Ferraby is likely to open the batting and the onus will be on him to provide a strong start to the innings.
- In terms of bowling, the visitors will bank on the likes of Charles Perchard, Dominic Blampied, and Anthony Hawkins-Kay.
- Perchard, with 13 wickets at an economy of 5.37, is topping the wickets charts for Jersey in T20Is and the skipper will be expected to do some damage here.
- Anthony Hawkins-Kay was the team’s standout performer with the ball at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Europe Region Final with 10 wickets in 5 matches.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jersey
Nick Ferraby, Harrison Carlyon, Ben Stevens, Jonty Jenner, Dominic Blampied, Anthony Hawkins-Kay, Benjamin Ward, Elliot Miles, Charles Perchard (C), Julius Sumerauer, Jake Dunford (WK).
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Qatar vs Jersey 1st T20 IN JERSEY TOUR OF QATAR 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*