PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Temperature is expected to be around 30 degrees Celsius while humidity could be between 69% and 73%.
The pitch at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium has been on the slower side in the last few matches. Since batsmen have faced difficulty in scoring the runs here, they will need to think before go in for big shots.
- Hong Kong is facing a tough time in the 20-over format and has lost all the seven T20Is it has played so far this year.
- Hong Kong is yet to register a win in this T20 World Cup Qualifier and is lying second from the bottom of the Group B points table with three losses.
- Hong Kong made a few changes before the match against the United Arab Emirates with Ahsan Abbasi and Raag Kapur playing in place of Shahid Wasif and Nasrulla Rana.
- Abbasi will be opening the innings along with Nizakat Khan again.
- Kyle Christie and skipper Aizaz Khan are likely to lead the team’s bowling attack.
- Hong Kong, despite coming off a defeat, might opt for an unchanged eleven for this match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Ahsan Abbasi, Kinchit Shah, Aizaz Khan (c), Waqas Barkat, Simandeep Singh, Haroon Arshad, Scott McKechnie (wk), Ehsan Khan, Raag Kapur, Kyle Christie
- Jersey too failed to be consistent in the shortest format of the game with seven wins, five losses and a tie from the thirteen matches they have played this year.
- The left-arm spinner Elliot Miles was replaced with pace-bowling all-rounder Julius Sumerauer in the match against Canada.
- Sumerauer picked up a couple of wickets in that game and is likely to be retained.
- Nick Ferraby and Harrison Carlyon will be the opening batsmen while fast bowler Anthony Hawkins-Kay will probably start the proceedings with the new ball.
- Jersey began their campaign at the ongoing T20 World Cup Qualifier with a 69-run win against Nigeria before the match against Canada.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jersey
Nick Ferraby, Harrison Carlyon, Ben Stevens, Jonty Jenner, Nick Greenwood, Benjamin Ward, Dominic Blampied, Anthony Hawkins-Kay, Julius Sumerauer, Jake Dunford (wk), Charles Perchard (c)
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Hong Kong vs Jersey Group B, 26th Match | ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Nizakat Khan
- Jonty Jenner (c)
- Nick Greenwood
- Kinchit Shah (vc)
- Aizaz Khan
- Ben Stevens
- Scott McKechnie
- Ehsan Khan
- Anthony Hawkins-Kay
- Julius Sumerauer
- Charles Perchard
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*