PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The conditions in Abu Dhabi, after some overnight haze, will be clear, sunny and perfectly dry in the afternoon.
Matches at the Tolerance Oval have seen plenty of wickets fall so far, though that is as much to do with the quality of the batting than the pitch. It is as balanced a wicket as the others in this tournament.
- Aarush Bhagwat replaced Raag Kapur last time out as Hong Kong adjusted the balance of their team.
- The extra batsman did not make an impact he scored one from five balls but the victory against Jersey may mean they stick with that line-up.
- Hong Kong lost their first three matches.
- First up, they failed to defend 153/5 as they lost by eight wickets against Ireland, before being bowled out for 102 by Oman and posting just 116/7 against the UAE on their way to heavy defeats.
- They bounced back against Jersey, however. Nizakat Khan top-scored with 48 from 30 balls in a total of 144/7.
- In reply, Ehsan Khan took 2-18 from four overs as they restricted Jersey to 136/6.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Ahsan Abbasi, Aarush Bhagwat, Kinchit Shah, Aizaz Khan (c), Simandeep Singh, Waqas Barkat, Scott McKechnie (wk), Haroon Arshad, Ehsan Khan, Kyle Christie
- Canada made changes to their line-up for the first time to face Ireland. Romesh Eranga bowled well and took two wickets, but Rizwan Cheema had minimal impact at the top of the order.
- Rodrigo Thomas will be pushing for a recall in place of the latter.
- Canada has now won three matches from three so far this season, with Nitish Kumar leading them to victory in all three games.
- That does play down the contributions of others Dillon Heyliger taking three wickets in each of the first two games, and Jeremy Gordon doing likewise in the first match.
- Navneet Dhaliwal hammered 69 against Ireland, but it was Kumar’s third consecutive half-century that earned the man of the match award last time out.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Canada
Rizwan Cheema, Navneet Dhaliwal (c), Nitish Kumar, Nicholas Kirton, Ravinderpal Singh, Hamza Tariq (wk), Dillon Heyliger, Romesh Eranga, Saad bin Zafar, Nikhil Dutta, Jeremy Gordon
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Hong Kong vs Canada GROUP B, 29TH MATCH IN ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Nizakat Khan
- Nitish Kumar (C)
- Scott McKechnie
- Dillon Heyliger
- Navneet Dhaliwal
- Kinchit Shah (VC)
- Jeremy Gordon
- Ravinderpal Singh
- Saad bin Zafar
- Nikhil Dutta
- Kyle Christie
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*