PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Prospects of play are excellent, with conditions set to be clear through the evening and the chances of rain extremely low.
The Tarouba wicket was balanced for the second qualifier, with something for the bowlers and batsmen. Recent history at the stadium suggests a score of 160 will be a very competitive one.
Guyana Amazon Warriors
- While Odean Smith and Romario Shepherd were expensive last time out, they did take five wickets between them it could be enough to confirm their places in the team for the final.
- It would mean Ben Laughlin and Qais Ahmad missing out.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors’ perfect campaign saw them win ten from ten in the league phase the first team ever to do so and they continued that form by beating Barbados Tridents in CPL 2019 qualifier.
- Shoaib Malik (73*) and Imran Tahir (3-12) helped them to a convincing win against Jamaica Tallawahs, before Chandrapaul Hemraj (3-15) and Nicholas Pooran (54*) sealed the unbeaten league record as they beat Trinbago Knight Riders by seven wickets.
- Then, last time out, Brandon King was back in top form. He smashed 132* as the Warriors posted 218/3 against Barbados Tridents. In reply, Imran Tahir’s 2-13 from four overs was vital as they restricted the league runners-up to 188/8.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Guyana Amazon Warriors
Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shoaib Malik (c), Sherfane Rutherford, Chris Green, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Imran Tahir, Odean Smith
- With Shai Hope fit again, Barbados Tridents have fielded the same team for both matches in the play-offs Justin Greaves the unlucky one to have had to make way.
- After JP Duminy suffered a hamstring injury in the second qualifier, however retiring hurt while batting Greaves might be called back into the team for this final.
- Barbados Tridents won three of their four final group games but needed two attempts at reaching the final.
- They lost to Guyana Amazon Warriors in the first qualifier finishing on 188/8 in pursuit of 219 to win after their bowlers had taken a battering.
- They were back to their best last time out, however, Ashley Nurse hitting three sixes as the seventh-wicket partnership of him and Raymon Reifer posted 48 from the final 14 balls, helping the Tridents to 160/6.
- That gave them something to defend, and Nurse cemented his man-of-the-match award by taking 2-14 from his four overs.
- Hayden Walsh, Harry Gurney, and Raymon Reifer also took two wickets apiece as they bowled the Knight Riders out for 148.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Barbados Tridents
Johnson Charles, Alex Hales, Shakib Al Hasan, Shai Hope, Justin Greaves, Jonathan Carter, Raymon Reifer, Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Hayden Walsh Jr, Harry Gurney
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents Final IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Brandon King (C)
- Shoaib Malik
- Johnson Charles
- Imran Tahir
- Shimron Hetmyer
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Chris Green
- Ashley Nurse
- Chandrapaul Hemraj
- Harry Gurney
- Hayden Walsh Jr (VC)
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*