PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Allan Border Field has been a low scoring venue. Four matches have been played here so far this WBBL season and no team has managed to score 150. The pitch seems to be slowing down and batting is only going to get harder.
Pleasant weather with plenty of sunshine has been forecast for Wednesday. It will be pretty warm during the match with temperature likely to hover around 28 degrees Celsius. Humidity could be between 50% and 57%.
Brisbane Heat Women
- Brisbane Heat made only change to their side in the last game against Hobart Hurricanes, dropping Lilly Mills for Mikayla Hinkley.
- The latter did not get to face a single ball while batting and her services with the ball were not required.
- Hinkley, therefore, could be retained in the playing eleven for this upcoming match against Melbourne Renegades.
- Beth Mooney and Maddy Green will continue to open the batting while Sammy-Jo Johnson will be leading the bowling attack once again.
- Brisbane Heat is exhibiting a red-hot form at the moment. They have won nine and lost only three of the twelve matches they have played so far in this year’s WBBL and are topping the points table with 18 points.
- Since losing three of their first five matches, the Heat have not looked behind and they are now on an incredible winning streak having won their last seven matches on the bounce.
- Their previous encounter was against Hobart Hurricanes at the Bellerive Oval where they secured a seven-run victory.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Brisbane Heat Women
Beth Mooney (wk), Maddy Green, Sammy-Jo Johnson, Jess Jonassen, Grace Harris, Laura Harris, Amelia Kerr, Delissa Kimmince, Kirby Short (c), Georgia Prestwidge, Mikayla Hinkley
Melbourne Renegades Women
- Melbourne Renegades picked Anna Lanning in their seven-wicket loss to Melbourne Stars last time out.
- The opening batter was brought into the side as a replacement for all-rounder Sophie Molineux who withdrew herself from the squad midway through the tournament citing mental health issues.
- Skipper Jessica Duffin made a notable contribution with the bat after promoting herself ahead of wicketkeeper Josephine Dooley and she is likely to bat at number four again.
- Danielle Wyatt will open the batting alongside Lanning and could be made to bowl in the powerplay again.
- Melbourne Renegades currently find themselves in the bottom half of the WBBL 2019 leaderboard – at the fifth place with five wins and six losses from eleven matches.
- Their campaign got off to an ordinary start, losing four of their first six fixtures before they bounced back in the competition with wins in their next three matches.
- The Renegades, however, have lost all the momentum they had gained after suffering defeats in their last two matches against Brisbane Heat by six runs and against Melbourne Stars by seven wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Renegades Women
Anna Lanning, Danielle Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Jessica Duffin (c), Courtney Webb, Josephine Dooley (wk), Georgia Wareham, Maitlan Brown, Carly Leeson, Lea Tahuhu, Molly Strano
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Brisbane Heat Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women 43RD T20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Maddy Green
- Sammy-Jo Johnson
- Beth Mooney (VC)
- Amelia Kerr
- Anna Lanning
- Jess Jonassen (C)
- Delissa Kimmince
- Jessica Duffin
- Danielle Wyatt
- Carly Leeson
- Molly Strano
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*