PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather has not always been kind in this tournament but the Tuskers and Panthers should enjoy temperatures in the high 20s and a very low chance of rain for this play-off.
Mysore has served up an excellent batting wicket, with plenty of big scores since the tournament moved here. Chases of 200+ have not been unreasonable.
- Prasidh Krishna was rested last time out but will surely be back in the team this time out to co-lead the bowling attack with the superbly in-form Krishnappa Gowtham.
- After a rain-related loss to Bengaluru Blasters – reaching 55/5 after 8.2 overs in reply to 93/8 from 16 (a one-run VJD-method defeat) – Krishnappa Gowtham fired the Tuskers back to winning ways against Shivamogga Lions.
- He scored 134* and took 8-15 as the Tuskers posted 203/3 and the Lions were carted for 133. Last time out, Gowtham scored 48 in a total of 240/2 – Chidhambaram Gautam top-scored with 92* and Devdutt Padikkal hit 57* – but Mysuru Warriors somehow chased it down to win off the final ball.
- Gowtham took 4-28 but Padikkal conceded 16 runs from the final four balls as the Tuskers lost by three wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bellary Tuskers
Abhishek Reddy, Codanda Ajit Karthik, Devdutt Padikkal, Chidhambaram Gautam (c, wk), Krishnappa Gowtham, Zeeshan Ali, Abrar Kazi, Bhavesh Gulecha, Prasidh Krishna, KP Appanna, Vishnu Priyan
- Arshdeep Singh stepped in for Manish Pandey last time out, and the Panthers will want their captain back for this play-off tie.
- After Singh, dropped for Stalin Hoover in the previous game, got out for a two-ball duck, it should be a straight swap back.
- Belagavi Panthers have won their last three Karnataka Premier League matches to end the group stage on a high.
- Manish Pandey hit unbeaten half-centuries in an eight-wicket win against Bengaluru Blasters and none-wicket victory against Shivamogga Lions.
- Though Stalin Hoover (108*) stole the show in the latter. Last time out, without Pandey, Shubhang Hegde, D Avinash, and MB Darshan all picked up two wickets as they restricted Bijapur Bulls to 136/8.
- Ravikumar Samarth’s overdue unbeaten half-century led the Panthers to a seven-wicket win with 2.2 overs to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Belagavi Panthers
Ravikumar Samarth, Stalin Hoover, Manish Pandey (c), Dikshansu Negi, Shubhang Hegde, Kaunain Abbas (wk), Abihnav Manohar, MB Darshan, Rithesh Bhatkal, D Avinash, Zahoor Farooqi
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Bellary Tuskers vs Belagavi Panthers Qualifier 1 IN KARNATAKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Manish Pandey (VC)
- Krishnappa Gowtham (C)
- Chidhambaram Gautam
- Shubhang Hegde
- Devdutt Padikkal
- Codanda Ali Karthik
- Zahoor Farooqui
- Abhishek Reddy
- Bhavesh Gulecha
- Abhinav Manohar
- Vishnu Priyan
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*