PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Rain and thunderstorms have been forecast for Saturday morning. However, they should relent after 1 PM with the chances of rain dropping severely by the time the game begins. So we could have a full forty-over game without any interruptions. Temperature is likely to be around 27 degrees Celsius and humidity around 82%.
In the previous two matches played at the Kensington Oval, the pitch was seen to get a little slower during the second period of play. Barbados Tridents chose to bat first here last time and racked up a huge total of 192 while Trinbago Knight Riders were bowled out for just 129 batting second.
- Barbados Tridents picked USA leg-spinner Hayden Walsh in their line-up for the last match against Trinbago Knight Riders as a replacement for Nepalese leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane who has returned to his national team that is currently on tour of Singapore for a T20I tri-series.
- Shakib Al Hasan has linked up with the Tridents and his inclusion will bolster the team’s batting and bowling departments.
- The Bangladeshi all-rounder is likely to be slotted into the playing eleven straight away. England batsman Alex Hales, who has not been able to get going this season, could make room for Shakib.
- Barbados Tridents have won three and lost four out of the seven matches they have played so far in this year’s Caribbean Premier League and are currently positioned fourth on the leaderboard with six points in their account.
- They have struggled to perform consistently this season and are coming into this match having won two and lost as many of their last four fixtures.
- The Tridents were brilliant with the bat last time out, posting 192 on the board, and were equally impressed with the ball, cleaning up Trinbago Knight Riders for 129.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Barbados Tridents
Johnson Charles (wk), Jonathan Carter, Jean-Paul Duminy, Shakib Al Hasan, Ashley Nurse, Jason Holder (c), Raymon Reifer, Justin Greaves, Roshon Primus, Hayden Walsh, Harry Gurney
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots made just the one change to their side in the last match against St Lucia Zouks – they replaced Sheldon Cottrell with Jeremiah Louis who opened the bowling in the powerplay.
- Cottrell could be brought back for the Saturday’s clash against Barbados Tridents after Jeremiah’s lacklustre performance with the ball.
- Devon Thomas and Evin Lewis will continue to open the batting for the Patriots while Laurie Evans and Mohammad Hafeez are likely to continue at numbers three and four respectively.
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots currently find themselves third in the CPL 2019 points table with four wins and five losses from nine matches and with eight points in the bag.
- The Patriots made a very poor start to their campaign, losing four of their first five encounters before bouncing back in the latter half of the tournament.
- They now have three wins in their last four matches with two of those wins having been secured at their home ground.
- The Patriots, however, were a bit under-par with the bat last time against St Lucia Zouks at Gros Islet where they suffered a 20-run loss.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Mohammad Hafeez, Fabian Allen, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Shamarh Brooks, Keron Cottoy, Rayad Emrit, Alzarri Joseph, Jeremiah Louis/ Sheldon Cottrell
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Barbados Tridents vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots 25TH MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Evin Lewis
- Mohammad Hafeez
- Johnson Charles
- Raymon Reifer
- Jonathan Carter
- JP Duminy (VC)
- Alzarri Joseph
- Laurie Evans
- Shakib Al Hasan (c)
- Rayad Emrit
- Jason Holder
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*