PITCH AND CONDITIONS
With isolated thunderstorms forecast, there is a lot of humidity around in Chittagong and a 30 percent chance of rain through the evening. Temperatures will stay hot and sticky throughout.
Chittagong favored pace off in the last match, between Zimbabwe and Afghanistan. It has served up something for the spinners before, but the batsmen should enjoy it too if they can get settled.
- Najmul Hossain Shanto and Aminul Islam stepped straight into the team after being called up for the second half of this tournament, and both made their T20i debuts last time out.
- Shaiful Islam also came into the team, and it could be the turn of Rubel Hossain and Mohammad Naim to stake their claims for T20 World Cup selection this time.
- Bangladesh ensured they will finish in the top two and contest the Tri-Nation Series final thanks to two wins against Zimbabwe.
- They won the first by three wickets, with two balls to spare, chasing 145 in an 18-over game.
- They then beat Zimbabwe by 39 runs last time out, bowling them out for 136 after Mahmudullah’s 62 had helped them to 172/7.
- It was the response they needed to be bowled out for 139 themselves in a 25-run defeat to Afghanistan in their previous game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bangladesh
Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Naim, Shakib Al Hasan (c), Mahmudullah, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Aminul Islam, Afif Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman
- Fazal Niazai made his Afghanistan T20i debut last time out, while Rahmanullah Gurbaz has already made his bow behind the stumps.
- Like Bangladesh, with the final offering an extra chance to play their full team, there could be a rotation for this one.
- That would mean an extra chance for Niazai after he failed to make a telling impact last time out.
- Afghanistan stretched their T20i winning streak to 12 games with victories in their first two matches in Dhaka.
- They lost last time out, however, to Zimbabwe.
- They won by 28 runs against Zimbabwe and 25 against Bangladesh in their first two matches, before posting 155/8 last time out as Rahmanullah Gurbaz scored 61 from 47 balls.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman claimed 2-28 in reply, but Zimbabwe won by seven wickets with three balls to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Afghanistan
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Shafiqullah, Shahidullah, Gulbadin Naib, Asghar Afghan, Mohammad Nabi, Fazal Niazai, Rashid Khan (c), Fareed Ahmad, Mujeeb-ur-Rahma
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan 6th T20 IN BANGLADESH TRI-NATION SERIES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Hazratullah Zazai
- Mohammad Nabi
- Rahmatullah Gurbaz
- Rashid Khan
- Asghar Afghan
- Gulbadin Naib
- Mustafizur Rahman
- Mahmudullah (VC)
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman (C)
- Aminul Islam
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*