PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While there is very little chance of rain, conditions in Brisbane are still forecast to be cloudy and overcast all through the day.
The Gabba is known as a batting wicket, with little in the way of assistance for the bowlers. On the pitch alone, this could be another excellent day for the Australian batsmen.
- Aaron Finch was fit to play in the first match, as he had promised he would be, and the Australia captain made his mark with the bat too.
- While this series is part of the build-up to next year’s ICC T20 World Cup, Australia could stick with mostly the same XI for now rather than chopping and changing too much rhythm is as important as assessing all their options.
- Mitchell Starc does miss out, however, as he will be at his brother’s wedding – Sean Abbott could replace him.
- This is Australia’s first T20i series since beating India in February but they proved their form has not deserted them in the interim.
- David Warner led the way with the bat, alongside Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell, as they smashed their way to their biggest ever T20i win in the first match.
- After posting 233/2, Adam Zampa’s 3-14 and two wickets apiece for Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins ensured the brakes were slammed firmly on the reply Sri Lanka posting 99/9 from their 20 overs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey (wk), Steve Smith, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Kane Richardson, Sean Abbott, Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa
- Oshada Fernando and Bhanuka Rajapaksa who starred in their maiden tour as Sri Lanka whitewashed Pakistan were handed another chance despite the return of their senior players.
- After both falling short with the bat, in fact, the whole team did they will need to make the most of any further opportunities if they are to retain their places.
- Kasun Rajitha may be taken out of the firing line, meanwhile, having been hit for 75 from his four overs. Isuru Udana could replace him.
- Sri Lanka whitewashed Pakistan with an inexperienced side last time out, but the first match of this series was a chastening return to earth.
- Kasun Rajitha was hammered for 75 from his four overs, while the batting was dismal scoring just 99/9 in reply to 233/2.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Oshada Fernando, Kusal Perera (wk), Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep, Lakshan Sandakan, Isuru Udana
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA, 2nd T20 | SRI LANKA TOUR OF AUSTRALIA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- David Warner (VC)
- Glenn Maxwell (C)
- Alex Carey
- Lasith Malinga
- Aaron Finch
- Ashton Agar
- Kusal Perera
- Pat Cummins
- Dasun Gunathilaka
- Dasun Shanaka
- Adam Zampa
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*