PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Perth is set to be hot on Friday, even in the late afternoon, with temperatures in the 30s, zero chance of rain and very little cloud to disrupt things either.
Perth’s WACA Ground is fast and bouncy and the Perth Stadium wicket was curated along the same lines – it is still good for fast bowlers, though not quite as hard as its sister pitch.
- With one eye on the ICC T20 World Cup next summer, Australia may look to rotate their team for this final game of the series.
- D’Arcy Short could come in for Ben McDermott, while Billy Stanlake is waiting for another opportunity too.
- Pat Cummins has been rested, which could open the door for Stanlake or Sean Abbott.
- Australia earned three big wins against Sri Lanka prior to this series and look to be heading for another series of successes against Pakistan.
- They were well on top when the rain came down to disrupt the opening game but they made up for last time in the second match Steve Smith hitting 80* from 51 balls to lead a chase of 151 as Australia won by seven wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steve Smith, Alex Carey (wk), D’Arcy Short, Ashton Turner, Billy Stanlake, Ashton Agar, Mitchell Starc, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa
- How long can Pakistan continue to overlook Imam-ul-Haq, given their poor form in T20i cricket? He and Mohmmad Hasnain are among the options to bring in as they look to arrest their poor form, while Muhammad Musa, Khushdil Shah, and Usman Qadir are in the touring squad too.
- Babar Azam has hit half-centuries in both games against Australia for Pakistan so far. He was 59* from 38 balls when rain cut the Pakistan innings short on 107/5 from 15 overs in the first match of the series.
- More rain then spared the tourists after Australia had raced out of the blocks in pursuit of that target.
- In the second T20i, Azam hit 50 from 38 balls and Iktikhar Ahmed a late 62* from 34, but Pakistan’s total of 150/6 was chased down for the loss of just three wickets Australia winning with nine balls to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Irfan
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR AUSTRALIA VS PAKISTAN 3rd T20 IN PAKISTAN TOUR OF AUSTRALIA, 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- David Warner (c)
- Ashton Agar
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Shadab Khan
- Aaron Finch
- Iftikhar Ahmed
- Mitchell Starc
- Steve Smith (VC)
- Billy Stanlake
- Babar Azam
- Adam Zampa
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*