PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Lucknow wicket, which has been used throughout this tour, definitely gives the bowlers something though it is well-balanced. The likelihood is it will become dry and dusty as the test wears on.
And the weather at Lucnknow seems to be clear, sunny conditions are forecast in Lucknow for this test match, with temperatures in the high-20s in the afternoons.
- Qais Ahmad, Zahir Khan, and Ibrahim Zadran all made their test debuts in the win against Bangladesh, but only the latter has been involved in the warm-up match for this test.
- Mohammad Nabi and Zahir Khan have both been playing T10 cricket, meanwhile, from the team that beat Bangladesh, so it could be a much-changed line-up.
- Afghanistan has played three test matches so far, losing heavily on their debut against India but beating Ireland and Bangladesh since.
- Against latter Afghanistan’s most recent test Rahmat Shah scored a century and Asghar Afghan hit 92 and 50 across the two innings, but it was Rashid Khan who led them to victory.
- He took 5-55 and 6-49 in the two innings as they bowled Bangladesh out for 205 and 173 to claim a 224-run win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGHANISTAN
Ibrahim Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Ihsanullah, Rahmat Shah, Asghar Afghan, Nasir Jamal, Asfar Zazai (wk), Rashid Khan (c), Amir Hamza, Yamin Ahmadzai, Zia-ur-Rehman
- Shane Dowrich was behind the stumps in the warm-up match, though Shai Hope could also keep. Jason Holder remains captain of the test team, which will see Alzarri Joseph replace Shannon Gabriel from the team beaten by India.
- Kemar Roach bowled just two overs in the warm-up match and so will need to be assessed. Keemo Paul would be his alternative.
- West Indies lost their most recent test series heavily against India.
- Their only matches in the ICC World Test Championship so far, they were bowled out for 222 and 100 to lose the first match by 318 runs, and then posted 117 and 210 on their way to a 257-run defeat in the second test.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, Shai Hope (wk), Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rahkeem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Alzarri Joseph, Jomel Warrican
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR AFGHANISTAN VS WEST INDIES Only Test ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*