PITCH AND CONDITIONS
England vs Ireland Only Test Match 2019 is going to be played at Lord’s London. The weather forecast for the duration of the test match is not too bad. Showers are expected on the fourth day, but the first three days look set to be dry and ideal for cricket.
The pitch at Lords is going to be green. The slowness of the underlying surface will force the groundsman to leave enough grass on the pitch to keep it from becoming a mud pit. That should mean some help for the fast bowlers and a match that moves quickly.
Batting conditions should be at their best on the second day.
- Ireland has only played two test matches in its history and this is by far the biggest occasion it has had in its relatively short cricketing history. We don’t think Ireland is going to be overawed by the sense of occasion, though.
- We expect them to come out aggressive and give this the best shot they can believe they can cause an upset.
- Ireland is going to be playing against an English team that is searching for a lot of answers and has plenty of inexperienced players.
- Yes, Ireland is still no match for England on paper but they definitely have a chance of causing a few flutters.
- Unless conditions really favor bowling and one of the bowlers has the day of his life, Ireland is going to struggle to bowl out England in even one of the innings.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF IRELAND
William Porterfield (c), Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie, James McCollum, Kevin O’Brien, Gary Wilson (wk), Stuart Thompson, Mark Adair, Andy McBrine, Boyd Rankin, Tim Murtagh
- It may seem ages ago, but England lost a test series to the West Indies in February earlier this year while fielding its first choice eleven.
- That search for players as well as some injury concerns after the world cup has meant that England is going to be fielding more than one debutant at Lord’s this week.
- England is going in with a vastly different test side then its first choice one but it is still going to be formidable in home conditions.
- James Anderson is ruled out of this test match. He is still suffering from a right calf injury.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ENGLAND
Jason Roy, Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root (c), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, J Leach, Olly Stone
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 TEST MATCHES | ENG VS IRE
- England: W,L,L,W,W
- Ireland: L,L
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR ENGLAND VS IRELAND ONLY TEST ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF England Bat First||IF Ireland Bat First|
|J Bairstow||A Balbirine|
|J Root||S Thompson|
|R Burns||A MC Brine|
|J Roy||B Rankin|
|M Ali||W Porterfield|
|C Woakes||P Stirling|
|J Anderson||J Bairstow|
|A Balbirine||J Roy|
|S Thompson||M Ali|
|A MC Brine||C Woakes|
|B Rankin||T Murtagh|
For Match Prediction Click Here.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*