PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The forecast for Leeds is vastly better than that which beset the second test at Lord’s. Temperatures should be in the 20s, with Friday and Saturday particularly good according to the forecast. The chance of rain is low.
A balanced Headingley wicket can benefit both batsmen and bowlers, with the overhead conditions usually a bigger factor. On a warm, sunny week as has been forecast, it could be something for the batsmen – but the pitch is unlikely to change dramatically over the five days
- England will hope they can build on their ODI side’s World Cup success over the summer and use that experience to their advantage as many of that side now feature in the squad for the longer format of Ashes series
- England’s test form has been up and down and that has been reflected in this series.
- They let big chances slip in the first test, as Australia eventually wrapped up a 251-run win, but enjoyed some good spells at Lord’s last time out.
- They eventually set the tourists 266 to win in a rain-affected match and had them 154/6 after Jofra Archer’s three wickets in the second innings when the match ended.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ENGLAND
Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach
- Australia will be confident of retaining the Ashes as they head to England but will have to overcome recent history after failing to win an Ashes series away from home since a 4-1 triumph back in 2001
- Australia is very vulnerable, as they lose their openers very quickly and that is what it must guard against.
- The bowling department of Australia is in good form.
- They were in great form and confidence after winning the 1st Ashes test. But the 2nd test has drawn.
- The big question centers around Steve Smith’s fitness, with the Aussies’ star batsman a major doubt after his concussion in the second test.
- He was struck on the neck when batting and Marnus Labuschagne could replace him this time out, having become the first-ever concussion substitute last time out.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | ENG VS AUS – 3RD TEST ASHES 2019
- England Won: L,W,W,L,D
- Australia Won: D,W,W,W,D
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR ENGLAND VS AUSTRALIA 3rd Test ASHES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If Australia Bats First||If England Bats First|
|T Paine||J Bairstow|
|D Warner||J Root|
|U Khawaja||R Burns|
|T Head||B Stokes|
|N Lyon||S Broad|
|P Cummins||C Woakes|
|S Broad||D Warner|
|C Woakes||U Khawaja|
|B Stokes||T Head|
|J Root||N Lyon|
|R Burns||P Cummins|
For Match Prediction Click Here.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*