ABOUT THE MATCH
In this England tour of Australia, England has already won the first two T20 matches in the 3-match T20I series very easily. In this last T20I, England wants to provide some rest to its team but also look to clean sweep the series by winning it against Australia.
The 3rd T20 2020 between England and Australia is scheduled to be held on 8th September 2020 in Southampton at the Rose Bowl.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
In the last match, England beat Australia side by six wickets very easily. Eoin Morgan, the captain of Team England will be looking to play their best combination in this match.
England possible XI: Eoin Morgan (captain), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Tom Curran.
On the other hand, team Australia will try its best to salvage some pride in the last match of the T20I series. Aaron Finch, the captain of team Australia will hope that the squad can learn from their mistakes and conclude the three-match series with winning the last one at least.
Australia possible XI: Aaron Finch (captain), Kane Richardson, David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Mitchell Starc, Steven Smith, Adam Zampa, Pat Cummins,
The pitch of Southampton maintains a perfect balance between bat and ball. Once the batsmen are set, they will definitely enjoy the batting. Pace bowlers can take good advantage of it.
As per the weather prediction, Southampton has nice weather, sunny and bright weather. A non-obstructed match can be expected.
- In the last match, the opener of England, Jos Buttler was the star of the game as he scores unbeaten 77 and chased the target very comfortably. Dawid Malan, who scored 42 runs gave Buttler a good company and both had shared 87 runs partnership to set the platform. Although at the starting phase they faced a little difficulty, in the last 4-5 overs, they finished the chase.
- England bowlers were on the right path from the starting only as in the power play, they shivered Australia to 30/3.
- Chris Jordan showed his death bowling expertise by taking 2 wickets whereas Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, and Mark Wood picked a one-one wicket each.
- The top-order batsmen of Australia were blown away by England bowlers as in just 5 overs, they lost their three important wickets. To stabilize the situation, Aaron Finch made 40 runs and Marcus Stonis scored 35 runs. But after their dismissal, the middle order of the team demolished and they were able to make 157 runs with the help of Ashton Agar, Cummins, and Maxwell.
- Mitchell Starc was able to give some trouble to the England batsmen and lucky to out Bairstow.
- In the 2nd T20, Ashton Agar was terrific with figures of 4-0-27-2 by picking crucial wickets of Tom Banton, and Dawid Malan.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 19
- England won – 08
- Australia won – 09
- No Result – 01
- Abandoned – 01
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Australia – W, W, L, L, L
- England – L, L, W, W, W
Probable top performers:
- Australia – Aaron Finch, Ashton Agar
- England– Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer
- Tv – Sony Sony Six/HD
- Live Streaming – Sony Liv App
- Match Timings – 8th September 2020 at 10:30 PM IST
Probable winning team:
Based upon the recent form of the England team, it has no doubt that England will be the favorite to win the final T20I match against Australia. Most probably, England will be looking to clinch the series with a winning note.