ABOUT THE MATCH
The 3-match ODI series between England and Australia is turning out to be the most entertaining that cricket fans have actually wished for. The 1st Eng Vs Aus ODI match concluded with Australia winning in the last over and the 2nd match concluded with England winning in the 49th over. Both the games provided a nail-biting experience. Now the two squads will go forward to play the third and the final ODI match with the series leveled by 1-1, which will be a series decider match.
The 3rd ODI match between England and Australia is scheduled to be played on 16th September (Wednesday) at Old Trafford.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
It wouldn’t wrong to say that England knows quite well how to bounce back from the dead. They proved this in the 1st Test match against Pakistan, then again in the 1st T20I match and in the 2nd ODI match against Australia. Only time can say for how long team England will be able to keep doing this, but the experience received from this type of win is going to help them to manage any difficult situations.
England possible XI: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (C), Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Sam Billings, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood.
Just like the T20Is, the middle order of Australia is not that strong and easily collapses in front of the fast bowlers of England. Even though Old Trafford is a difficult pitch to bat, the total score that team Australia had to chase down was not that challenging for Australia. In fact, in the 2nd ODI, there was a time when it felt that only one result can be possible and Australia is going to win this match but happened just the opposite.
Australia possible XI: David Warner, Aaron Finch (C), Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood.
The pitch at this venue is pacer friendly. That’s why from this field, pacers will get many more benefits.
There are very rare probabilities of rain with the highest temperature hovering around 20°C while the minimum temperature will be nearly 9°C.
- Jonny Bairstow and Jason Roy, both are not looking confident at the start winnings in the previous two matches. Till now, Sam Billings and Eoin Morgan have done quite well and they will try their best to add more in the third ODI match also.
- In the second ODI, Tom Curran and Adil Rashid laid the base of the victory of England. The duo had shown the depth in the batting unit, added 76 runs for the ninth wicket.
- In the last match, the captaincy of Eoin Morgan played a massive role. Eoin Morgan decided to bring back Chris Woakes and Jofra Archer to bowl Australia out, where the real twist came and England won the match.
- The most considerable thing about Australia is its batting unit. After an outstanding inning in the opening T20I match, David Warner just failed to prove his expertise again. While Marcus Stoinis, Aaron Finch, Marnus Labuschagne, and Glenn Maxwell, all have performed well, but there is a lacking, who can carry their innings through.
- The master card of Australia is Adam Zampa, who has a very crucial role on a surface that gets slower with every passing match.
- In the upcoming ODI Match, the Australia team seems to have a simple equation to deal with the batting unit this time while bowling is already doing well.
Head to head:
- Overall ODI Matches – 151
- England won – 63
- Australia won – 83
- No Result – 03
- Draw – 02
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Australia – L, L, W, W, L
- England – W, W, L, L, W
Probable top performers:
- Australia – Aaron Finch, Marnus Labuschange, Adam Zampa
- England– Joe Root, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid
- Tv – Sony Sony Six/HD
- Live Streaming – Sony Liv App
- Match Timings – 16th September 2020 at 5.30 pm IST (1 pm local)
Probable winning team:
The ODI series equally poised at 1-1. Now both the teams, England and Australia have the same chances to win the series decider match. However, England is looking confident in every unit and well prepared to conclude the series with a winning note.