PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Australia vs England Ashes Match-1 is going to be played at Edgbaston, Birmingham. Temperatures as high as 20-21c expected for the duration but rain could hit throughout the test.
- Australia will be confident of retaining the Ashes as they head to England but will have to overcome recent history after failing to win an Ashes series away from home since a 4-1 triumph back in 2001
- Australia is very vulnerable, as they lose their openers very quickly and that is what it must guard against.
- The bowling department of Australia is in good form.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
David Warner, Marcus Harris/Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Tim Paine (c/wk), Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, James Pattinson, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc
- England will hope they can build on their ODI side’s World Cup success over the summer and use that experience to their advantage as many of that side now feature in the squad for the longer format of Ashes series
- The home side’s warm-up game against Ireland will leave a lot of questions regarding not only the make-up of the team but the strength of the batting line-up after they were bowled out for just 88 in their first innings.
- And the top order line-up remains a mystery with Jason Roy set to be included as an opener or a No.3 batsman.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ENGLAND
Jason Roy, Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root (c), Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | ENG VS AUS – 1ST TEST ASHES 2019
- England Won: W,L,L,W,W
- Australia Won: W,L,D,W,W
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR ENGLAND VS AUSTRALIA 1ST ODI ASHES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF England Bat First||IF Australia Bat First|
|J Bairstow||T Paine|
|J Buttler||S Smith|
|J Roy||D Warner|
|J Root||M Marsh|
|B Stokes||P Cummins|
|S Broad||M Starc|
|C Woakes||S Broad|
|P Cummins||C Woakes|
|M Starc||B Stokes|
|M Harris||J Roy|
|U Khawaja||J Bairstow|
For Match Prediction Click Here.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*
Matched Content Ad