ABOUT THE MATCH
Even the COVID-19 pandemic rages globally, England is the only nation that is capable to organize a complete international cricket season and that is something the whole cricketing world will thank for. After the series against Pakistan, now it is time for Australia.
England Vs Australia 2020 begins with a three- games T20 series. So, 1st T20 2020 between England and Australia is scheduled to be held on 4th September 2020 in Southampton at the Rose Bowl.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
After losing the last T20I match against Pakistan by just 5 runs, now team England will try its best to return in winning ways when they play against Australia. Eoin Morgan leading team has not lost anyone series after the outbreak of COVID-19 and they will be interested to keep that record.
England possible XI: Tom Banton, Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer.
After the outbreak of COVID-19, this match will be the 1st international match of team Australia. Their previous tour was against New Zealand in the month of March. A few days ago, team Australia will reach the United Kingdom and now they have already started practicing for the series.
Australia possible XI: David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Alex Carey (wk), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Riley Meredith, Adam Zampa.
At the Ageas Bowl, the surface equally benefitted to the batsmen as well as bowlers. In the last T20I played here, England defeated South Africa. More than 160 runs would be a good score on this ground.
On Friday evening, during the match, there is a 40% probability of raining in Southampton. The temperature will be hovering around 16 degrees Celsius and the speed of the wind is predicted to be nearly 12 km.
- Against Pakistan, Saqib Mahmood had not performed well. So, he may lose his spot to Jofra Archer this time. In addition to that, Sam Curran and Jos Buttler could include in the team, which means Sam Billings might miss the T20I.
- When England was playing against Pakistan, it was clear that the bowling unit of England suffered the most. The inclusion of Jofra Archer may be a great relief.
- According to analysis, it is predicted that three cricketers may miss out on the T20, Joe Denyl, Mark Wood, and Sam Curran.
- Team Australia has a lot of options to choose from, both from batting as well as bowling units. Glenn Maxwell has made a return to the fold, and most probably find a place in the squad while the Australians might look to set free the actual speed of Riley Meredith.
- No doubt that Australia is a very strong team and the only concern is regarding their current form as they have not played any international game since March.
- Among the bating unit, Finch, Smith, and Warner can line up. And there are nine numbers of availability of bowlers for team Australia and any one of them can make a spot in the squad.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 17
- England won – 06
- Australia won – 09
- No Result – 01
- Abandoned – 01
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Australia – W, L, W, W, L
- England – L, W, L, L, W
Probable top performers:
- Australia – Aaron Finch, Glen Maxwell, Mitchell Starc
- England– Eoin Morgan, Jonny Bairstow
- Tv – Sony Sony Six/HD
- Live Streaming – Sony Liv App
- Match Timings – 4th September 2020 at 10:30 PM IST
Probable winning team:
In this series, two powerful teams playing against each other. So, it is very difficult to say the favorite. But as per the real situation, England has better match practice than team Australia.