ABOUT THE MATCH
In this summer, England has conquered every opposite team and, after winning over West Indies, Ireland, and then Pakistan, the team of England claimed a T20I series victory over Australia. Now, both sides will change their formats as they are all set to play the ODI series.
The 1st ODI match between England and Australia is scheduled to be played on 11th September (Friday) at Old Trafford.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
If we compare with the team composition of T20I, then there is no significant change for team England. It has been a quiet time since England won the 2019 World Cup title, after that we have not seen them much in many ODI games. This time also the team has to play without Ben Stokes.
England possible XI: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Sam Curran, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood.
Australia has not only lost the T20I series but also previous ODI matches also against India and South Africa. This time, they are well prepared to give a tough competition to team England. Australia was not that much sure of their middle-order in the T20I series, but their ODI unit is more settled and more balanced.
Australia possible XI: David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood.
The track at this venue is advantageous to both fast bowlers and batsmen, but in previous matches, it has seen that mostly batsmen enjoy batting here.
There is a 20% probability of a shower during the match. The temperature may around 17 degrees Celsius, while the speed of the wind is nearly 19 KMPH.
- The batting unit of team England is very strong. In the T20I series, Joe Root performed extraordinary for team Yorkshire and he is looking to continue his same form in this series also.
- Bowling has a great impact in the ODI format and team England has a good set of bowling units to bowl in the 1st power play, but there is a lack of death bowling options.
- If the bowlers of England perform the same way as in T20Is, then winning over England would be a very tough task for team Australia.
- The ODI team of Australia is as same as T20Is. Most probably we can see the inclusion of Marnus Labuschagne in the ODI squad and his presence may affect the middle-order.
- The top order of Australia, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Aaron Finch, and David Warner is the best in the world.
- In the bowling unit, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazelwood and Patrick Cummins will take care of the pace attack. And Ashton Agar, Nathan Lyon, Adam Zampa will handle the spin department.
Head to head:
- Overall ODI Matches – 149
- England won – 62
- Australia won – 82
- No Result – 03
- Draw – 02
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Australia – L, L, L, L, W
- England – W, L, W, W, L
Probable top performers:
- Australia – Aaron Finch, David Warner, Adam Zampa
- England– Joe Root, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes
- Tv – Sony Sony Six/HD
- Live Streaming – Sony Liv App
- Match Timings – 11th September 2020 at 5.30 pm IST (1 pm local)
Probable winning team:
Between England and Australia, England is the favorite to claim a victory in this 1st ODI match as they have much more experience than Australia in this format. Australia needs to do an extraordinary effort to defeat England.