ABOUT THE MATCH
The two teams, Trinbango Knight Riders and St. Lucia Zouks absolutely deserve to be here. In CPL 2020, Knight Riders have won every single match and now bossed the complete league. The final match is going to be held on 10th September (Thursday) between Trinbango Knight Riders (TKR) and St Lucia Zouks (SLZ) at the Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
Trinbango Knight Riders
The Trinbango Knight Riders are the only team in 2020 CPL, who didn’t lose a single match in group stages, easily beat Jamaica Tallawahs in the 1st semi-final match. It can be possible because of its coordinated bowling as well as the batting unit of the team and now it is becoming a well-deserve team to win the CPL 2020 trophy.
Possible XI: Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Tim Seifert, DJ Bravo, Khary Pierre, Sikandar Raza, Praveen Tambe, Ali Khan.
St Lucia Zouks
In the group stage, St Lucia Zouks ended in the third position and defeated Guyana Amazon Warriors in the 2nd semi-final match. With just 55 runs, Zouks bowling them out and chased down the target in only five overs.
Possible XI: Rahkeem Cornwall, Mark Deyal, Andre Fletcher, Roston Chase, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Daren Sammy, Kesrick Williams, Javelle Glen, Scott Kuggeleijn, Zahir Khan.
The pitch at Tarouba is spin-friendly and we have seen how the surface helps the slower bowlers got even though in the semi-finals new track was utilized.
During the match, there is a probability of rain as per the weather condition. Maybe because of the rain, the match can be delayed.
Trinbango Knight Riders:
- In the semi-final match, the TKR was rarely tested as they defeated Jamaica Tallawahs very easily. In the complete season, Kieron Pollard has shown very innovative captaincy.
- In the bowling unit, Khary Pierre, Sunil Narine, and Akeal Hosain, all bowled tremendously well. Considering the circumstances, Fawad Ahmed was a bit expensive but later managed the situation.
- So far, there is no significant trouble in the batting unit but it was awesome to see Lendl Simmons playing in his best form. To give more power to the top order, Tion Webster also performed well.
St Lucia Zouks:
- St Lucia Zouks is looking very confident and believes that they have the ability to win the league. Throughout the league, the Zouks has not let any team to bring them down.
- Although they have missed some of their first-choice players, the replacements of the players are awesome.
- Mark Deyal is one of the revelations of CPL 2020. In the bowling unit, Mohammad Nabi and Scott Kuggeleijn have proved their expertise.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 15
- TKR won – 11
- SLZ won – 02
- No Result – 02
- Abandoned – 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Trinbago Knight Riders – W, W, W, W, W
- St Lucia Zouks – W, L, L, W, W
Probable top performers:
- Trinbago Knight Riders – Akeal Hosein, Lendl Simmmons Kieron Pollard
- St Lucia Zouks – Rakheem Cornwall, Zahir Khan, Roston Chase
- Tv – Star Sports
- Live Streaming – Hotstar
- Match Timings – 10th September 2020 at 5:30 AM
Probable winning team:
Before the beginning of the CPL 2020, the Trinbango Knight Riders was the favorite team to own the title and they have given justice to their reputation throughout the tournament with their 11-match winning streak. As per the previous performances, TKR may wind up the league with a winning note.