Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 will be bigger than before because of the inclusion of two new teams in this edition and this has been reflected in the increase of league games as well. The two new IPL franchises are Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans – Both the franchise owners have officially announced their captains for the upcoming edition. Here in this article, we have given a Comparison Of Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans.
Hardik Pandya is all set to captain the Gujarat Titans and KL Rahul will lead the Lucknow Super Giants. Every fan and cricket expert is talking on a single topic, that is “Which is the best team among these two new Franchises?”
Let’s try to analyze both sides Strengths, Weakness and Predicted Playing 11.
Lucknow Super Giants:
Lucknow franchise has done a great job by grabbing a few star players into their side in the recent IPL Mega Auctions 2022. They have a promising bunch of players and let’s dig into some details of this side – before that let’s look at the current squad.
Lucknow Super Giants Full Squad:
KL Rahul (c), Marcus Stoinis, Ravi Bishnoi, Quinton de Kock, Manish Pandey, Jason Holder, Deepak Hooda, Krunal Pandya, Mark Wood, Avesh Khan, Ankit Rajpoot, K Gowtham, Dushmanta Chameera, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Mohsin Khan, Ayush Badoni, Kyle Mayers, Karan Sharma, Evin Lewis, Mayank Yadav
Lucknow Super Giants Strengths:
- They have too many all-rounders like Marcus Stoinis, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Hooda, and many more. And this is a big boost for them and they will look to capitalize on this.
- Lucknow has an excellent opening pair in the form of KL Rahul and Quinton de Kock – Everyone knows how much the opening batsmen are important in a T20 game. A good start will always give a positive approach to the entire side.
- And they also have some good backup options for almost all the slots and this is one huge point for them.
Lucknow Super Giants Weakness:
- Lucknow Squad really Lacks some experience in the middle order – If a T20 game goes out of their hand, there the experience comes into play and this is one sector where they are badly lacking.
- There are few pitches where spinners play a crucial role and this current squad doesn’t have that one major spin face whom they can depend on.
Lucknow Super Giants Predicted 11 :
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock, Marcus Stoinis, Manish Pandey, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Hooda, Jason Holder, Ravi Bishnoi, K Gowtham, Avesh Khan, Mark Wood.
With the likes of Hardik Pandya, Gujarat Titans will look for a positive start to their season. Even they have some star players in their squad like Rashid Khan, Shubhman Gill, and Jason Roy.
Gujarat Titans Full Squad:
Hardik Pandya (c), Rashid Khan, Shubman Gill, Mohammed Shami, Jason Roy, Lockie Ferguson, Abhinav Sadarangani, Rahul Tewatia, Noor Ahmad, R Sai Kishore, Dominic Drakes, Jayant Yadav, Vijay Shankar, Darshan Nalkande, Yash Dayal, Alzarri Joseph, Pradeep Sangwan, Wriddhiman Saha, Matthew Wade, Gurkeerat Singh, Varun Aaron, B Sai Sudharshan
Gujrat Titans Strengths:
- Getting Hardik Pandya into their squad itself is a big plus for the side – He was seen struggling to bowl in the previous seasons. But in this particular season the side is hugely dependent on him and if he can Bat and Bowl – He can prove to be a valuable asset.
- Titans really have some x-factor players on their side like Rahul Tewatia, R Sai Kishore, Matthew Wade, Rashid Khan, and many more – This will help to win some crucial matches on the league stage.
Gujrat Titans Weakness:
- No Doubt they have good opening batsmen but keeping a T20 game in mind – Batting depth is something that plays a huge role in a lot of games. And this is one area that they are lacking.
- Titans have a lot of young bunch of players and this is something questionable and only time can answer this. Probably this might backfire for them as the tournament progresses.
Gujarat Titans Predicted 11 :
Shubman Gill, Jason Roy, Vijay Shankar, Wriddhiman Saha, David Miller, Hardik Pandya (c), Rashid Khan, Rahul Tewatia, Lockie Ferguson, Mohammed Shami, R Sai Kishore.
If we compare both the squads on paper, Lucknow Super Giants have a slight upper hand over Gujarat Titans – Because they have a good mix of both young experienced talents in their bunch.
But we never know What Gujarat Titans is on the field. Let’s wait and see.