ABOUT THE MATCH
Big Bash League(BBL) 2019-20 is going to start on December 17. The first match is going to be between Brisbane Heat and Sydney Thunder at Gabba Stadium, Brisbane. The match will be telecast from 1:40 pm(local time).
Last year, both the teams didn’t reach semi-finals and now they made some changes to their sides. Thunders will likely prefer Alex Hales and Chris Green following the retirement of Shane Watson. Brisbane Heat is going to enter the match as the clear favorites with the arrivals of Tom Banton and Ben Laughlin.
Toss winning team will be opting to chase.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This is a high scoring pitch with about 170 runs being the average score, and pace bowler will get extra bounce with the ball coming nicely on to the bat.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF BRISBANE HEAT
Chris Lynn, Max Bryant, Tom Banton, Matt Renshaw, Sam Heazlett, Ben Cutting, Jimmy Pierson, Matt Steketee, Zahir Khan, Josh Lalor, and Ben Laughlin.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SYDNEY THUNDER
Alex Hales, Usman Khawaja, Callum Ferguson, Matthew Gilkes, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Chris Green, Arjun Nair, Chris Tremain, Nathan McAndrew, and Jono Cook.
- Chris Lynn and Tom Banton are going to be its openers and will Renshaw and Max Bryant are the middle-order batsman.
- Ben Cutting and Jimmy Pierson are going to handle the finishing duties.
- Ben Laughlin is going to lead the bowling side and Zahir Khan is ready for his debut match in the BBL.
- Alex Hales is the opener along with Usman Khawaja.
- Callum Ferguson and Matthew Gilkes are going to hold the middle order.
- Spinner Tanveer Sangha is going to lead the bowling squad.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Brisbane Heat has a record of beating Sydney Thunders 7 out of 8 times at the same Gabba Stadium. As Thunders have been disappointing since the last 3 seasons, we expect them to go down in this BBL 09 opener against the Heat.
Click here for Dream 11 Predictions