BCCI President, Sourav Ganguly Speaks Out On IPL 2020

0
309
BCCI Agrees To ICC’s Event Plan Over Longer IPL Window |
Image Source : Twitter.com

On IPL Nobody Has A Choice:

On Friday, Sourav Ganguly, the BCCI president, said: “Safety is our first priority” after the Board postponed  IPL from March 29 to April 15 in the fear of the COVID-19 pandemic. “At this moment, we have to stick to the postponement because our first priority is safety. So we postponed the IPL tournament,” said Ganguly.

“Let’s see what will happen, but it is too ahead of time to answer,” said Ganguly when questioned if there will be more doubleheaders if they can host it from April 15. The BCCI also cancelled the ongoing ODI series for South Africa tour of India.

If we asked the IPL franchisees whether they are happy or not, Ganguly said, “No one has a choice”.

A senior BCCI official said that only the starting date of the league had been suspended. While the schedule remains the same for IPL.

Due to the ever-growing health crisis, the Delhi government suspended all sporting activities at the national level. After the decision, BCCI has decided to postpone IPL.

On Thursday, the sports Ministry had announced an advisory. National Federation requested to follow the Health Ministry’s guidelines to avoid large people gatherings in any sports events. Even at international level competitions are influenced by COVID-19.

India Vs South Africa Series Had to be Rescheduled:

The two matches of India vs South Africa ODI series has been rescheduled due to coronavirus pandemic. On Friday, the Board of control for the Cricket in India has decided to reschedule the remaining two matches of the one-day international series against South Africa.

The first match got discharged due to rain. As a result of the BCCI’s decision, the two matches of the ODI series of South Africa tour of India are scheduled to be played in Lucknow and Kolkata now which are now cancelled.

Earlier, in the previous matches of the South Africa tour of India the two ODI matches are planned to be held behind closed doors without admitting fans due to the administration directive, which asked for sports competitions to be shut down for fans’ in view of the pandemic.

Matched Content Ad

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here