ABOUT THE MATCH
Australia Women and New Zealand Women both are hereafter winning a match, and from 3 games, they have 4 points, and the winner of this match will qualify for the semi-finals.
Both teams have beaten Sri Lanka and Bangladesh but lost to group winners India so far, leaving them level on four points apiece.
New Zealand has won the toss in all three matches so far. Australia is due to win this toss then and could field first given the low scores at St Kilda so far.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at this venue has been on the slower side, India had posted 133 runs over New Zealand on this surface. We can expect average scores in the range of 120-130 runs in this match.
- In the previous match, Australia Women registered 86 runs win against Bangladesh Women.
- In the batting department, Alyssa Healy and Beth Mooney had put 164 runs opening partnership in the last match. Ashleigh Gardner had looked good with her 22 runs in 9 balls.
- Megan Schutt and Jess Jonassen are the top wicket-takers for the team. Nikola Carey, Ellyse Perry, and Molly Strano are contributing to the side with their economical bowling so far.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA WOMEN
Alyssa Healy (wk), Beth Mooney, Ashleigh Gardener, Meg Lanning (C), Rachael Haynes, Ellyse Perry, Annabel Sutherland, Jess Jonassen, Nicola Carey, Georgia Wareham, Megan Schutt
NEW ZEALAND WOMEN
- From the last three matches, Sophie Devine has scored 75,14,12, respectively and picked three wickets. We hope the same run of success in the upcoming match also.
Amelia Kerr had taken five wickets in the last three matches at an economy rate 4.5 RPO. She had a battle against India with the bat scoring 34 runs off 19 balls but failed to hit a boundary in the last ball of the match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NEW ZEALAND WOMEN
Sophie Devine (C), Rachael Priest (wk), Suzie Bates, Maddy Green, Hayley Jensen, Katey Martin, Amelia Kerr, Anna Peterson, Leigh Kasperek, Lea Tahuhu, Rosemary Mair
HEAD TO HEAD
- Overall Matches – 39
- Australia Women WON – 19
- New Zealand Women WON – 19
- Draw – 1
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
Australia Women Women – W W L W W
New Zealand Women – W L W W L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
Australia Women Women – Alyssa Healy
New Zealand Women – Sophie Devine
TV channels – Star Sports, Sky Sports, Fox Sports, Willow TV, SuperSport, OSN Sports Cricket, DD Sports, ATN, Gazi TV, SLRC, Moby TV, Ten Sports, Digicel
Live streaming – Hotstar, Rabbithole BD, Sky Go, Foxtel Sports, SuperSport
Match Timings – 03:00 PM local time (4:00 AM GMT) (9:30 PM IST).
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Australia is all settled to win this game, and while this match is not as one-sided as the odds suggest, the hosts still expected to book their semi-final place.