AUS vs SA ICC WC 2019 | Australia Vs South Africa 45th ODI ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Preview
- Rewind two years back and no one would have imagined Australia being in the position they’re currently in the ongoing tournament.
- They’ve played fantastic cricket and gave excellent performance in all departments of the game and have appeared to be the most balanced and complete team of the competition.
- David Warner and Aaron Finch have scored truckloads of runs in the tournament so far which is the main reason for Australia’s dominant performance in the competition.
- The middle order has also chipped in when presented with an opportunity which has given their management plenty of confidence.
- Mitchell Starc has been the leading wicket-taker in the tournament, with 24 wickets to his name until now, and is in the race to earn the player of the tournament.
- The top position is at stake in this encounter, the Aussies are expected to come out all guns blazing, and if they’re able to put up a performance similar to what they’ve done in the tournament thus far, it should be an easy win for them.
- With a nine-wicket win in their previous encounter, against Sri Lanka, South Africa regained a tinge of pride and will be looking to continue to build on the momentum.
- It’s been a remarkably poor tournament for the Proteas.
- Even though South Africa’s bowling has done reasonably well in the tournament, there have been instances of Rabada looking a little fatigued. Chris Morris and Imran Tahir, on the other hand, have been exceptional with Morris often ending up with a higher economy.
- The introduction of Dwaine Pretorius in the previous match was an inspirational change for the Proteas, which brought them a much-needed win.
- Despite a couple of hiccups, their bowling has performed as per the expectations whereas their batting has failed to fire whenever it needed to be.
- All in all, South Africa are an evenly balanced side which looks as strong as any on paper.
Old Trafford, known for sponsorship reasons as Emirates Old Trafford, is a cricket ground in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England.
Australia Cricket Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “10” not found /]
South Africa Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “2” not found /]
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Australia
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Lyon
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF South Africa
Quinton de Kock (wk), Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, JP Duminy, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir
Australia vs South Africa HEAD TO HEAD
Overall Matches: 96
- Australia Won: 47
- South Africa Won: 45
- Tied: 3
- No result: 1
Overall World cup Matches: 5
- Australia Won: 3
- South Africa Won: 1
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | AUS VS SA – 45TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Australia Won: W,W,W,W,W
- South Africa Won: L,W,L,L,W
Key Players to watch in Australia Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Glenn Maxwell
- Aaron Finch
- David Warner
- Alex Carey
Key Players to watch in South Africa Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Faf du Plessis
- Quinton de Kock
- Kagiso Rabada
- David Miller
AUS vs SA – 45th ODI ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Match: Match 45
- Event: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Date: Sat 6,
- Venue: Old Trafford Cricket Ground
Matched Content Ad