ABOUT THE MATCH
Australia will take on New Zealand in the 2nd Test which will take place at Melbourne Cricket Ground from December 26.
In the historic Boxing Day Test, Australia will enter this test confidently after successfully beating the Black Caps by 293 runs.
On the other hand, New Zealand will try to fill in the gap that they are lacking and will look to put up a tough fight against the Aussies.
The pitch at MCG is a batting-friendly pitch and whoever wins the toss will look to bat first and capitalize more. We can expect some big scores on the board.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at MCG has favored both batsmen and bowlers equally. It gives that quick assistance to the bowlers and batsmen love to play at this venue.
And the conditions for the match day look clear and there’s no chance of rain. There might be few cloud covers in the morning sessions.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Australia
David Warner, Joe Burns, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Matthew Wade, Travis Head, Tim Paine (c/wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF New Zealand
Tom Blundell, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (wk), Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult
- In the historic Boxing Day Test, Australia will enter this test confidently after successfully beating the Black Caps by 293 runs.
- James Pattinson got his spot in the squad ahead of Peter Siddle and Michael Neser.
- He will be replacing Josh Hazlewood, who got injured in the Perth Test.
- Aussies have a good track record in Tests, and they will look to keep the record running.
- New Zealand will look to fill in the gap that they are lacking in and will look to put a tough against the Aussies.
- They might make a few changes for the 2nd test.
- Kyle Jamieson has got his spot in place of injured Lockie Ferguson.
- Trent Boult is fully fit and will be a part of the squad.
- Tom Blundell will open with Tom Lantham at the MCG.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
The Aussies have a tremendous record at the MCG. Basing on their present form and records, they have a clear edge over New Zealand.
Click Here for Dream 11 Predictions.